When did the old Corelokt PSP/Interlock/Super-X style bullets quit being effective?

I wonder, maybe technology allows making rifles faster, with less human hands-on involvement, and not necessarily more accurate.

You can always always buy the "Tracking Point" rifle system. Scope adjusts for distance and will ONLY allow you to pull the trigger when you are on target.

Last edited:
I relent and agree. The experts I quoted don't know what they are talking about and guns and bullets were better 40 and 50 years ago. I had Subway for lunch and it was good. Tomorrow I think I'll have McDonald's.

Sir…..I do not remember anyone suggesting that firearms and ammuntion of that era was better than that of today!

I don't know how you can continue to misrepresent what some of us are attempting to relay!

Good Day Sir! Perhaps if you converse with your mirror you can get the exact response you desire! memtb

180 gr super x i caught in a deer
8E0EE9F9-E96D-4EEF-9F34-ECD1865BA562.png

Recovered weight…..65 to 68%? What was the deer size…..deep south sized or Canadian sized? What was estimated impact velocity? What was the bullet path through the animal. Was there any heavy bone encountered?

Inquiring minds! 😉 memtb
I have tried a 180 TSX in one of my 300WBY and it shoots 0.4"@200 yards. However, I have serious doubt about their "loading data" when they list the same COL for a TSX and a TTSX in the same weight and caliber. I inquired with Barnes and they insisted it is correct. I bullet seated 0.020 deeper (a TTSX to be the same COL with a TSX) will have higher pressure, be faster, or give you problems. I know that from engineering point of view and more importantly, from first hand experience. Yet, Barnes insisted they are is no difference. I do have the email to support this claim. That is my gripe with Barnes,

I have tried a 180 TSX in one of my 300WBY and it shoots 0.4"@200 yards. However, I have serious doubt about their "loading data" when they list the same COL for a TSX and a TTSX in the same weight and caliber. I inquired with Barnes and they insisted it is correct. I bullet seated 0.020 deeper (a TTSX to be the same COL with a TSX) will have higher pressure, be faster, or give you problems. I know that from engineering point of view and more importantly, from first hand experience. Yet, Barnes insisted they are is no difference. I do have the email to support this claim. That is my gripe with Barnes,

My only correspondence with Barnes was numerous phone calls and several emails begging for them to bring out a high bc bullet in .375 around 290 grains…..they did finally introduce the 270 LRX.

Other than that, I don't recall using their reloading information much. Perhaps get a starting load recommendation……that's about it! I did everything else using my tried and proven SWAG system! So far, I've gotten great performance and still have all of my fingers and both eyes! 🤣 memtb

My only correspondence with Barnes was numerous phone calls and several emails begging for them to bring out a high bc bullet in .375 around 290 grains…..they did finally introduce the 270 LRX.

Other than that, I don't recall using their reloading information much. Perhaps get a starting load recommendation……that's about it! I did everything else using my tried and proven SWAG system! So far, I've gotten great performance and still have all of my fingers and both eyes! 🤣

Perhaps they are pretty cautious with their load data (most are) and they also recommend a lot of "bullet jump"! Perhaps these two things combined pretty much guarantee that high pressures will not be an issue! Just some thoughts using my SWAG system! 😉 memtb

Other than that, I don't recall using their reloading information much. Perhaps get a starting load recommendation……that's about it! I did everything else using my tried and proven SWAG system! So far, I've gotten great performance and still have all of my fingers and both eyes! 🤣

Perhaps they are pretty cautious with their load data (most are) and they recommend a lot of "bullet jump"! Perhaps these two things combined pretty much guarantee that high pressures will not be an issue! Just some thoughts using my SWAG system! 😉 memtb
That is the whole point. They are not cautious, they lost my trust. If you list a bullet load with a TSX and list the same amount of powder and COL with the TTSX, it is WRONG! I was not going to argue with them. Got about 250 left, I know what to do, and I am glad I do not have to use non-lead where I hunt.

Around the turn of the century when videos like shooting Beyond belief became available and everyone seen how available (I'm not saying easy) the equipment was to aid in putting the puzzle together to stretch the legs on your firearm, and boy what a can of worms that opened as far as products to buy to shoot distance, movies like "Sniper" and "Shooter" haven't hurt either, but imo optics, rangefinders and high bc bullets took off, up till then it wasn't what bullet rifle combo you had but what unit was your tag in

Several bullet manufacturers list multiple bullet constructions with same weight using same load data, Hornady, Nosler, to name a couple.