What's your preferred bench rest?

J300UM

I normally do all my shooting with a bipod and rear bag on the ground. I had rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder a few weeks ago and right now I can't get my arm in a comfortable place when I'm belly down. I'll have to do my load work from a bench for a little while. What are some of you guys using for bags? Would I be better off with something like the Rock and a rear bag? I appreciate any advice as I'm dying to get out and do some shooting!

I normally do all my shooting with a bipod and rear bag on the ground. I had rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder a few weeks ago and right now I can't get my arm in a comfortable place when I'm belly down. I'll have to do my load work from a bench for a little while. What are some of you guys using for bags? Would I be better off with something like the Rock and a rear bag? I appreciate any advice as I'm dying to get out and do some shooting!

I too http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/had-shoulder-surgery-93972/

Did you do physical therapy and how did it go? Having said that, IIWY, I'd concentrate in your PT so it's as good or better than when you had the rotary cuff issue.

Thanks for the advise guys. Feenix, I've been doing therapy 3 days a week since the first week out of surgery. So far it's been going really good. By my second day of therapy I was almost at 180 deg of flexion and abduction. As of now I'm at full range of motion. I had a follow up appt with the surgeon yesterday and he was extremely happy with my progress and lack of pain. He said I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm crossing fingers it continues to go well. How far out of surgery are you?

Thanks for the advise guys. Feenix, I've been doing therapy 3 days a week since the first week out of surgery. So far it's been going really good. By my second day of therapy I was almost at 180 deg of flexion and abduction. As of now I'm at full range of motion. I had a follow up appt with the surgeon yesterday and he was extremely happy with my progress and lack of pain. He said I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm crossing fingers it continues to go well. How far out of surgery are you?

Click the link I provided above for more details. Anyways, I had mine done 06-18-2012 and was pulling my bow by August and out bowhunting by September.

Keep up with the PT and you'll be OK. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.