Whats your favorite long range rifle ?

Depends what I am hunting. But I can choose from Sako Finnbear 264 WM with 24in. barrel and Leupold VX6 2x12 scope, 300 Weatherby (German) with pencil weight 24 in. barrel and Leupold VX6 2x12 scope which you can carry all day, or a 375 H&H Heym with a 25.5 in. barrel and a Leupold VARI X II 3x9.

I'd say my .308 Win if you're talking about long-range being in the 600 yards range, after that and on game Deer size and larger I'd go with the .300 RSAUM a phenomenal cartridge in a hunting weight rifle. One of the best long-range hunting rifles and cartridge combo's I've hunted with was the .30-338 which is amazingly accurate in a hunting class rifle, but I digress; yeah'..., the .308 Win works just fine if 600 yards or so is the long range mark.

My custom 7mm Remington Magnum with an 8.5 twist 24" Hart barrel with suppressor, blueprinted to a 700 Remington stainless action and Jewel trigger coupled with a Nightforce NXS 3.5x15x50 scope, coming in at a little over 9lbs, is my favorite elk and Muley rifle.
For straight long range shooting I also enjoy my custom 300 RUM. But it is almost 15 pounds, sporting a 30" LW barrel. Although I have shot a few deer and an elk with it, I don't want to carry it hunting. The kills I made were from a place I could drive my ATV to and set up.
I also have a newly built 6.5 PRC that I like the way it shoots and its lighter weight but, because both deer and elk are open at the same time I usually hunt, I prefer the 7mm for elk because it anchors every one I have shot.

For me I guess its boring compared to you guys. Plane Jane sendero 7mm RM. I live in NJ so cant use rifles here but did go to SC and shot a doe and was Bang flop. The distance was insane for me a whopping 96 yards. Correct 96 yards. My longest kill ever. Remember i live in NJ and I hunt in the pine barrens where most of all my kills are maxed about 35 yards. Be it archery, slug gun, or MZL. ITS THICK IN THERE

I was wondering what is everyone's long range rifle .My favorite long range rifle is the 338-378 weatherby accumark .I used two of them in Alaska 12 years .Its a pretty light rifle for how big it is but easy to tote .I had Nikon 6.5x20 scopes on one and 5.5x16 Nikon on the other one .
.300 Weatherby.

I was wondering what is everyone's long range rifle .My favorite long range rifle is the 338-378 weatherby accumark .I used two of them in Alaska 12 years .Its a pretty light rifle for how big it is but easy to tote .I had Nikon 6.5x20 scopes on one and 5.5x16 Nikon on the other one .
I've got 2... my Christensen Arms 338 RUM and my Weatherby MK5 RC 30-378... pretty much has it covered...

7mm wsm, lawton long action. Mcmillan lightweight stock,built by benchmark, 27 in carbon wrapped barrel. Shoot 168 berger vlds in competition out to 1500 and have used hunting for about 30 animals. Benchmark just built me a 28 nosler on an old remmy, 27 in barrel, shoots 195 vld's at 3050. Shoots .25 moa or better. Shot a nice roan antelop and bushpig in south africa. Really like this combo but havent wrung it out yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.