What's your favorite hunting bow?

338 dude

LRH Team Member
I have a Mathews no cam, the HTR model. It shoots like a dream, every time I think about buying a new bow, I can’t come up with any reason to pick up a new one other than a shorter axle to axle.

I had a Matthews Legacy many years ago it was a great bow shot great it was quiet but the main thing I tried to get away from is the weight it was also very heavy

Last edited:

Groot

I had a Matthews Legacy many years ago it was a great bow shot great it was quiet but the main thing I tried to get away from is the weight it was also very heavy

Yeah I would second that, a little heavy but feel the weight adds some stability through the shot

wv270wsm

I’m still flinging arrows with the original switchback . Wouldn’t trade it for nothing . As I read a page or two back a bow is in my opinion like a shotgun find the one that fits you the best and roll with it. I honestly couldn’t tell you how many deer I’ve killed with this bow . Keep the string waxed up nice and go kill some deer or a turkey shoot I’ve killed probably 7-8 squirrels with it to . Don’t do that to much any more since I switched to rages though. Tears them up to bad lol 😂

sierracharlie338

I’m a Hoyt guy. Have been since 03-04ish when I put my hands on a RazorTEC for the first time. Currently shoot an 07 Avenger that I can’t get rid of. I’ve owned multiple Mathews and other Hoyts but keep coming back to the avenger. I have an AlphaMax 35 that I will be playing with this year but I have a feeling I know how that will go also.

Muddyboots

LRH Team Member
Well looks like I will be looking for another bow since headed in for second right shoulder surgery in 2 years. Or hoping I can change out my Hoyt Double XL limbs to lower weight. Don't think yhat is possible below 60 lbs.

Muddyboots

LRH Team Member
Called Hoyt and they said they can make 50-60 limbs for my Defiant Double XL which is huge for this fall. The new Double XL does have them but not the version I have so Thank you Hoyt Archery!

Tommytrees

LRH Team Member
Called Hoyt and they said they can make 50-60 limbs for my Defiant Double XL which is huge for this fall. The new Double XL does have them but not the version I have so Thank you Hoyt Archery!
That should do it. I took my P&Y blackie with a 2006 Bowtech Alliance at 49 -50 lb pull after my shoulder surgery. Used 26 1/2" GT XT Hunter and 100 gr Thunderhead. Double lung hit w crash and moan in 16 yds.
Good luck with the surgery.

Be safe and well.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.