What's your favorite hunting bow?

I have a Mathews no cam, the HTR model. It shoots like a dream, every time I think about buying a new bow, I can't come up with any reason to pick up a new one other than a shorter axle to axle.

I had a Matthews Legacy many years ago it was a great bow shot great it was quiet but the main thing I tried to get away from is the weight it was also very heavy

Last edited:
I had a Matthews Legacy many years ago it was a great bow shot great it was quiet but the main thing I tried to get away from is the weight it was also very heavy

Yeah I would second that, a little heavy but feel the weight adds some stability through the shot

I'm still flinging arrows with the original switchback . Wouldn't trade it for nothing . As I read a page or two back a bow is in my opinion like a shotgun find the one that fits you the best and roll with it. I honestly couldn't tell you how many deer I've killed with this bow . Keep the string waxed up nice and go kill some deer or a turkey shoot I've killed probably 7-8 squirrels with it to . Don't do that to much any more since I switched to rages though. Tears them up to bad lol 😂

I'm a Hoyt guy. Have been since 03-04ish when I put my hands on a RazorTEC for the first time. Currently shoot an 07 Avenger that I can't get rid of. I've owned multiple Mathews and other Hoyts but keep coming back to the avenger. I have an AlphaMax 35 that I will be playing with this year but I have a feeling I know how that will go also.

Well looks like I will be looking for another bow since headed in for second right shoulder surgery in 2 years. Or hoping I can change out my Hoyt Double XL limbs to lower weight. Don't think yhat is possible below 60 lbs.

Called Hoyt and they said they can make 50-60 limbs for my Defiant Double XL which is huge for this fall. The new Double XL does have them but not the version I have so Thank you Hoyt Archery!

Called Hoyt and they said they can make 50-60 limbs for my Defiant Double XL which is huge for this fall. The new Double XL does have them but not the version I have so Thank you Hoyt Archery!
That should do it. I took my P&Y blackie with a 2006 Bowtech Alliance at 49 -50 lb pull after my shoulder surgery. Used 26 1/2" GT XT Hunter and 100 gr Thunderhead. Double lung hit w crash and moan in 16 yds.
Good luck with the surgery.

Be safe and well.