Ohio Bow Hunting

Send One

Hello All,

I have been to Ohio bow hunting deer for the past three years. Each year I have hunted on private land in Knox Co. where I have been able to obtain permission to hunt from a local farmer. Great guy, but his farm is mostly large fields with very few places to even hang a stand. Not to mention the locals wear it out too.

I have ran tank after tank of gas out of my poor old GMC and am not having a whole lot of success gaining permission on any other private land. Just tough not being a local and I get that. So, anyone have any recommendations? Would be willing to bow hunt only, lease, whatever on private land. Public archery hunting worth a shot? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Public land is fine and very adequate for harvesting deer. Just go deeper than the other hunters.

I personally would not overlook the small tracks of land. I've killed big bucks on small lots.

The Spears Buck

Good whitetail hunting around Upper Sandusky off US 23.

I'm blessed in as much as one of our group owns his own island in the Maumee River that we can duck hunt on..... Like shooting pigs in a barrel...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.