Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Tried but couldn't think of any cartridge that I "love to hate" or even really dislike. What I do dislike:
  • When people get butt hurt about other cartridges that may compete with what they have
  • When people think modest differences in cartridge choice is going to make a big difference in their ability to hit stuff
  • When people cant compare cartridges objectively and acknowledge the merits/demerits and weigh on which actually matters to them
  • People tying cartridges to their or other's identity
  • When people say "but the military chose this" as if it they know the actual use and implementation by military or if it matters for what they are doing. Examples:
    • 277 bullets cuz the "military chose the fury"
    • 300 norma is dead already "the military moved to 300 PRC"
    • Back to back world war champs! (as if a 152 grain bullet @ 2800 FPS from an '06 has any relevance to modern cartridge choices)

^^^ reminds me of the joke about a man sitting on a rooftop during a flood.

Boat comes by, man says "no Jesus will save me".

Helicopter comes by, man says "no Jesus will save me".

Man drowns, dies, and meets Jesus - "WHY DIDN"T YOU SAVE ME?"

Jesus says "what do you think the boat and helicopter were for?" 🤦‍♂️

Sometimes we can get too focused on WHO is doing exactly what you asked for and forget that it's the end result we wanted. Hornady isn't exactly the devil here.

Tried but couldn't think of any cartridge that I "love to hate" or even really dislike. What I do dislike:
  • When people get butt hurt about other cartridges that may compete with what they have
  • When people think modest differences in cartridge choice is going to make a big difference in their ability to hit stuff
  • When people cant compare cartridges objectively and acknowledge the merits/demerits and weigh on which actually matters to them
  • People tying cartridges to their or other's identity
  • When people say "but the military chose this" as if it they know the actual use and implementation by military or if it matters for what they are doing. Examples:
    • 277 bullets cuz the "military chose the fury"
    • 300 norma is dead already "the military moved to 300 PRC"
    • Back to back world war champs! (as if a 152 grain bullet @ 2800 FPS from an '06 has any relevance to modern cartridge choices)
You couldn't think of a cartridge that you dislike but seems there's quite a few people that you dislike. Many valid points in your post so I will agree with you that I dislike all of those people too. Although I may resemble one of those occasionally.

You couldn't think of a cartridge that you dislike but seems there's quite a few people that you dislike. Many valid points in your post so I will agree with you that I dislike all of those people too. Although I may resemble one of those occasionally.

I know how ya feel!

A couple, OK a few, of those "bullet points" (see what Idid there 🤪) were hitt'n (again) pretty close to home! 😉 memtb

Haha! I dislike myself occasionally for similar reasons and need some straightening out..

Last edited:
Lmao some of you old Roosters need to go shooting or reloading instead of texting 💬 & gossiping on here 😂😂😂😂😂 make up another 375 AI Load 😂😂😂😂😂
Forget the NeedMores❗😂😂😂😂

You are so correct! Right now I've got a bad case of Distemper, suffering badly…… spending more time here with you guys, to share my discomfort! 😄

Yard & garden work, building chicken coop, playing with the Honey Bees, a pool to clean, back porch railing to replace, and a trip to Lincoln, Ne. when I kick this Distemper…….maybe then a little shooting/reloading. Oh, and some bullet casting.

Other than that……pretty slow around here! 😉 me

Thank you! This one really riles folks up. Look at some of the studies on the average number of shots needed to incapacitate someone by caliber. 9, 40, and 45 are all exceedingly close to each other.

Peoples 😜 respond to being shot far differently than do animals. Many humans will simply ball up and cry at the thought of being shot….though, drugs will skew that a bit! memtb

Thank you! This one really riles folks up. Look at some of the studies on the average number of shots needed to incapacitate someone by caliber. 9, 40, and 45 are all exceedingly close to each other.
So you are basically saying that a .35 bullet does the same damage as a .45 bullet of the same design? Interesting but given a choice of the 3 in a gun fight how many would choose the 9mm? Not me.