Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

@Muddyboots predicted this to go 25 pages. Sorry buddy, I don't think you were ever this wrong in your life. 111 pages and still going. Nope I have not read but some comments here and there...
I don't hate any cartridge. At the same time, just because an ammunition maker creates a cartridge and touts it to be the best, I am not going to rush out and buy it. Now if they gave me the rifle and a good supply of ammo, sure I will have fun with it. The most modern one I own is the 300BO I bought for fun with the kids.
So, I don't hate any, I just don't follow the crowd.

264 win mag, I had one in the 1960s, everything about it was great until it got to about 900 ish rounds down the barrel when the accuracy fell off the hit the side of the barn from inside tree. It wasn't a cheap gun it was a Mannlicher. Barrel had been a 264 barrel for too long.
I also hate the 30.06 not because I've ever shot one but because of comments about my 308 like "it's not a 30/.06" of course it's not a 30.06 it's a freaking 308 dipwad.

Anything with a belt. I don't know why they just irk me and I believe just old fashioned thinking that don't serve any real purpose. Too many other belt less cartridges out there that match their ballistics without the ugly belt!!

You know what, now that this thread is alive and well again…..

Ima go after somebody's sacred cow here and say something I've been feeling for a long time 🤣….

THE 45-70 IS OVERRATED AS ALL GET OUT!!!!

Folks act like it's the last word in stopping power, horsepower, like it's a freaking cannon….WELL IT ISN'T!!!!!!! 🤣

At the gun counter it's "the big gun", I've heard multiple gun counter people refer to it as "an elephant gun". It isn't. Heck marlin rates it for T-REX thanks to a guide gun's appearance in Jurassic World…no thank you! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's not to say you couldn't kill an elephant with one. You could. They've been killed en masse with 7x57 and .303 British too. And I'm sure if you kneecapped an TREX there'd be little he could do to catch you, being a biped and all….And sure in a ruger number one you can sort of approach .458 win mag power, but still not really AND…that's a special case. Over the counter .45-70 ammo is nothing to get excited about as far as having a "big gun" is concerned. and resurrecting it took away from the .450 and .444 marlin ever getting their due!

ITS JUST NOT THAT AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm ready, bring out the pitchforks! 😁
Well then change it up a bit.
Make it exciting.

I'll agree with you on the 9mm. If it's all I have, it's what I'll use but not my first second or third choice. Seen a video of a guy taking 12 9mm center mass and keep coming towards the cop. Nope I want something that will hit harder. 7.62 x 39 is nothing more than grab if someone is coming in my home or for plinking. Not a hunting round.

I will agree that there are better rounds for the AR series than a varmint round.
There is no appreciable difference in terminal performance on humans between 9mm, 40 & 45ACP.