Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

If you PM me your address i'll mail you an 8x50R case

I picked up an 1895 Steyr 8x50R rifle last year, spent a long time looking because i wanted to find a full length one (not cut down into a carbine and/or converted to 8x56R like the vast majority were). I dont get hung up much on "originality", i just think that long skinny rifle and that crazy little case are so weird theyre cool. A relic from forgotten age.

I lucked into new RCBS dies for it (about 80 bucks). Got a couple bags of 8x56r brass (prvi), and ive sized down a few of the cases.

Anyways, im happy to share case with ya, help a fellow brother out. If that case chambers, its 99.9999% an 8x50R.

Heck, i could send ya an unmodded 8x56R case as well, if ya wanna make sure its not been rechambered (not uncommon for them to be rechambered but left unmarked)

A big…..no huge thanks! 👍 A PM headed your way!

If you PM me your address i'll mail you an 8x50R case

I picked up an 1895 Steyr 8x50R rifle last year, spent a long time looking because i wanted to find a full length one (not cut down into a carbine and/or converted to 8x56R like the vast majority were). I dont get hung up much on "originality", i just think that long skinny rifle and that crazy little case are so weird theyre cool. A relic from forgotten age.

I lucked into new RCBS dies for it (about 80 bucks). Got a couple bags of 8x56r brass (prvi), and ive sized down a few of the cases.

Anyways, im happy to share case with ya, help a fellow brother out. If that case chambers, its 99.9999% an 8x50R.

Heck, i could send ya an unmodded 8x56R case as well, if ya wanna make sure its not been rechambered (not uncommon for them to be rechambered but left unmarked)

For some unknown reason, I can't PM you….call me if you can!

Last edited:
8.15x46R. There, I said it. NOW... somebody please tell me what a thread like this has ANYTHING to to with LRH. Thank you.

This thread doesn't fit the exact criteria/definition of LR….but, sometimes it's nice to leave the Quantum Mechanics / Physics Class and spend some time in Study Hall with the normal kids! 😉 memtb

All things Creedmoor. Compare the ballistics of a 6.5 CM with the 6.5x55 in the same twist rate and you will find the the 140 year old 6.5x55 provides virtually the same performance. The venerable 6mm Rem outruns the 6CM. Not sexy perhaps, but the numbers tell the story.

That said, I do own a 6.5 CM which I enjoy shooting but It absolutely drives me crazy when I hear guys at the range talking about it as though it somehow possesses the ability to defy the force of gravity.
I look at Creedmoor as Creekmoors. A slow boat to china. I also pug in 6mm Rem, 243 in lighter bullets do just find. 260 Rem slow. You read about how they fly. They are really slow. The AI's in those calibers helps a lot in getting something down range.
Me I'll stick with 17 SWM, 220 Swift, 6mm/280AI, 25/06, 25/280AI, 6.5x55, 264 WM, 7mm Rem, Mag, 300WM, 338WM.
To each there own.