Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

note really a hater of any but after thinking about it I will join in on the fun. Nobody get their panties in a bunch lol.

300 RUM - it's like they are the first guys to make it to the d%#k measurement contest but buy the overbore in lieu of investing in marksmanship fundamentals. But hey. . They have 300 RUM.

6.5 creed but only the 6.5 creed guys that make a case for it being the perfect hunting cartridge. Please. Tell me more about how that elk was dead on its feet but you put 2 more insurance shots into it just cuz.
Disagree on the RUM! You must mean the .30-378 wby. What burns another 20 grains of powder and only beats the rum by 100 fps???? It rhymes with "dirty tree bleventy hate feather bee"

Disagree on the RUM! You must mean the .30-378 wby. What burns another 20 grains of powder and only beats the rum by 100 fps???? It rhymes with "dirty tree bleventy hate feather bee"
Both!! Lol

Ballistics on both are undeniable. Just seemed to me the 300 RUM were the boomers that wanted a cannon that they couldn't shoot to save their life. The 300-378 while it's still insane, it seems it ends up in the hands of more proficient hunters. Just the optics to me, I have no data backing it. . . My personal favorite, the 7 SAUM has ended up on here, maybe not as much as I thought it would. Funny reading some of these.

I grew up where if you didn't have a 7 mag or 30-06 you were a sissy lol. So I hated both of those two growing up.
Now I only hate 7 SAUM simply because people act like it's the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

Funny, I've read through the first 10 ish pages of this waiting for someone to hate on the 7 SAUM, especially for the reason you do.

02F984F9-96CD-4FD7-A9C4-B6F6D150B863.jpeg

The 7 SAUM has been so perfect for the lower 48 hunting I do. Im not sure I could be talked out of it right now lol.

Both!! Lol

Ballistics on both are undeniable. Just seemed to me the 300 RUM were the boomers that wanted a cannon that they couldn't shoot to save their life. The 300-378 while it's still insane, it seems it ends up in the hands of more proficient hunters. Just the optics to me, I have no data backing it. . . My personal favorite, the 7 SAUM has ended up on here, maybe not as much as I thought it would. Funny reading some of these.
If by "more proficient" you mean "blessed with more disposable income than critical thinking skills" I must totally agree 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also I totally want one. If I had the money you could make a hypocrite cape to wear whilst holding a .300 RUM in one hand and a .30-378 in the other. Perhaps while smoking a cigar.

I'd wear the cape.

This is the 8x50 R Mannlicher(I think) …a different animal than the French Lebel. Many of the 8x50 R Mannlicher rifles were rechambered for the 8x56mm in the '30's. I'm pretty certain that mine is in the original 8x50 mm R…..supposedly the rechambered rifles have an S or a H stamped on the receiver…..I have neither!

It's my understanding that I can buy 8x56 brass, run it through the 8x50 dies and then trim to length.

The bore is slowly cleaning up, but is still dark stained with many tiny spots. I presume these tiny spots to be surface rust…not sure!

I hope that the bullets my friend located (will look at them on the 13th) are as he remembered…..the price is right.

I wish I had access to a Smith to verify what I actually do have! 🤬 memtb
I've got the 8x56R carbine and she kicks like a donkey

This is the 8x50 R Mannlicher(I think) …a different animal than the French Lebel. Many of the 8x50 R Mannlicher rifles were rechambered for the 8x56mm in the '30's. I'm pretty certain that mine is in the original 8x50 mm R…..supposedly the rechambered rifles have an S or a H stamped on the receiver…..I have neither!

It's my understanding that I can buy 8x56 brass, run it through the 8x50 dies and then trim to length.

The bore is slowly cleaning up, but is still dark stained with many tiny spots. I presume these tiny spots to be surface rust…not sure!

I hope that the bullets my friend located (will look at them on the 13th) are as he remembered…..the price is right.

I wish I had access to a Smith to verify what I actually do have! 🤬 memtb

If you PM me your address i'll mail you an 8x50R case

I picked up an 1895 Steyr 8x50R rifle last year, spent a long time looking because i wanted to find a full length one (not cut down into a carbine and/or converted to 8x56R like the vast majority were). I dont get hung up much on "originality", i just think that long skinny rifle and that crazy little case are so weird theyre cool. A relic from forgotten age.

I lucked into new RCBS dies for it (about 80 bucks). Got a couple bags of 8x56r brass (prvi), and ive sized down a few of the cases.

Anyways, im happy to share case with ya, help a fellow brother out. If that case chambers, its 99.9999% an 8x50R.

Heck, i could send ya an unmodded 8x56R case as well, if ya wanna make sure its not been rechambered (not uncommon for them to be rechambered but left unmarked)