Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Hey that is a good point on barrel stamping. I know a friend who took his Cooper stamped 275 Rigby. The custom agents in Namiba confiscated all his all as the head stamp did match the gun permit/

I wish i would have had Melvin build me a 7 lb 8mm Rem Mag…..

That way i would have detached retinas and quit hunting.

Long live the 270 Win.

Cut up ALL creedmoors

Try a lightweight single shot with some hot and modern 45/70 loads. That metal butt plate would leave mark right through your shirt.

I've shot one like that…not fun but the worst I've had for recoil (really) is my dads old 12 guage break action. Steel plate, skinny little plate too, maaaaybe 6 pounds.

My high school self (even dumber back then than now) wanted to see what kind of groups I could shoot with foster slugs out of a smooth bore with a. Bead sight 🤣.

I'll give my scrawny teenage self credit: he wasn't a quitter, a tough little guy haha (I was a late bloomer as they say, at 31 im over 2 inches taller and 80 pounds heavier than I was when I was 18)

I fired five shots FROM PRONE on the ground with that pig! Oh the pain!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try a lightweight single shot with some hot and modern 45/70 loads. That metal butt plate would leave mark right through your shirt.

I've shot one like that…not fun but the worst I've had for recoil (really) is my dads old 12 guage break action. Steel plate, skinny little plate too, maaaaybe 6 pounds.

My high school self (even dumber back then than now) wanted to see what kind of groups I could shoot with foster slugs out of a smooth bore with a. Bead sight 🤣.

I'll give my scrawny teenage self credit: he wasn't a quitter, a tough little guy haha (I was a late bloomer as they say, at 31 im over 2 inches taller and 80 pounds heavier than I was when I was 18)

I fired five shots FROM PRONE on the ground with that pig! Oh the pain!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
And the group?

Yes actually at a Cabelas.
1674596729412.jpeg

That is worse.^^
I have actually shot that same 30-06 now and then since doubling in size and it is just another rifle, but back then it left it's mark. I was one of those kids if I stood with my shirt off and the sun behind me you could see my heartbeat.

Yeah I was on the fence about 6 years ago when I started going down the Grendel path. I didn't want to be forced to reload only for a wildcat AR cartridge. So I went 6.5 Grendel due to cheap factory options then and headstamped brass. Knowing what I know now I should have just bought a Dillon 750 press and cranked out a decent 6mm version of the Grendel. The 6.5 Grendel aint horrible its just very very boring.
and worst of all, i'm a 26cal fan! i'v considered necking down a 300nm to 26cal, but some things are just nuts! maybe a 180-200gr 26cal bullet with a needed 4 or 5 twist to stabilize required. i would do a twist gain for that.

and worst of all, i'm a 26cal fan! i'v considered necking down a 300nm to 26cal, but some things are just nuts! maybe a 180-200gr 26cal bullet with a needed 4 or 5 twist to stabilize required. i would do a twist gain for that.

I have been reloading for 48 years. I currently load and shoot 43 cartridges ranging from 204 Ruger up to and including 375 HH, 416 Rigby, and 458 WM

The only cartridge I refuse to load for is 300 Win Mag. A totally unnecessary mistake of 1963. Every time i take one on trade, I immediately flog it off so that the rest of collection is not infected by it.

I love all 277 and 338 bores.

Never thought much of the 308 until about 15 years ago i started competing in F Class. I shoot about 3500 rounds of 308 a year now. Got to tell you, i was pleasantly surprised of how capable it really is. Didnt your US Military use it as their sniper rifle cartridge and considered it capable to 800 metres for that purpose.

On another topic, if you think primers are hard to find in the USA,, none at all are getting to Canada.

Long live the 270 Win!!
Must be in the kool-aid up there... Down here we laugh at the 308 and shoot stuff with the 300win...

No longer popular, but still despise anything Ultramag. I do credit Remington marketing dept. for inventing a word that was as popular as the mullet with the same crowd.
There are far worse cartridges out there for sure... The only thing that's irritating to me about the rums is the barrel steel isn't good enough for what the 7rum can do.