Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Cartridges designed for suppressors will never appeal to me. I do not understand using a suppressor with supersonic ammunition and I don't understand using a rifle with handgun ballistics. In my mind suppressors are for pistols and don't make sense elsewhere.
If you haven't had the opportunity to be around suppresses rifles, do it, it may change your mind. It's impressive how much quieter they can be with the correct can.

If you haven't had the opportunity to be around suppresses rifles, do it, it may change your mind. It's impressive how much quieter they can be with the correct can.

I be in 100%, IF……The overall length of my hunting rifle remains unchanged without shortening the barrel, it will not add any weigh, nor negatively affect the balance of my rifle. If that can't be accomplished…..I'll pass on a can/muffler! memtb

Love it!

Quality, affordable factory ammo almost everywhere...even gas stations. I can grab a bucket of American Gunner ammo and go be competitive and regional matches. Then, reload the brass with a hunting bullet and kill just about anything that can be legally hunted in the lower 48.

And at any range…… a "CM"zealot would say! 😂 memtb

I be in 100%, IF……The overall length of my hunting rifle remains unchanged without shortening the barrel, it will not add any weigh, nor negatively affect the balance of my rifle. If that can't be accomplished…..I'll pass on a can/muffler! memtb
One of the newer over the barrel cans would check most of those boxes. Adding weight would be the only one that it wouldn't, minimal weight is possible as long as you don't go for a full auto rated on.

Now, how well the new OTB's work is something I don't know. Money is an object for me and that hasn't made it to the top of the list to buy…

I am more of a dirty Harry fan. I only own 1 9mm for my 5 foot wife to shoot.

460 SW is the answer to any questions asked

Nazis killed all my ancestors in Poland in WW2

So may i add to the list ALL cartridges the Germans used in war……

Owning both I find pistol suppressors so much less useful it's just incredible. I hardly ever use mine.

The difference in concussion and user experience from 165db vs 140 is enormous. Pistol suppressors don't fit in Holsters, make balance horrible and just general suck IME.

Plus side we all get to like what we like
Your response was all about user experience but mine was about effective use for a purpose at the other end.

I'm firmly convinced that a 6.5 creed and a 30 mag is the perfect 2 rifle stable, and struggle to see the usefulness of most anything in between for anything I do (I see the usefulness of 338+ I just don't need them)

Creeds are a lot like Glocks imo, the people you don't like using them should have no bearing on whether it is useful or not. Not using a cartridge because of what another man or woman does with their life is super lame. I don't really even care if people use a 270 it's just sad.

Like when I see people driving a dodge, I want better for them
Your on
I'm firmly convinced that a 6.5 creed and a 30 mag is the perfect 2 rifle stable, and struggle to see the usefulness of most anything in between for anything I do (I see the usefulness of 338+ I just don't need them)

Creeds are a lot like Glocks imo, the people you don't like using them should have no bearing on whether it is useful or not. Not using a cartridge because of what another man or woman does with their life is super lame. I don't really even care if people use a 270 it's just sad.

Like when I see people driving a dodge, I want better for them
I like the way your thinking, but I'd replace the 6.5 with a fast twist 6!!

I am more of a dirty Harry fan. I only own 1 9mm for my 5 foot wife to shoot.

460 SW is the answer to any questions asked

Nazis killed all my ancestors in Poland in WW2

So may i add to the list ALL cartridges the Germans used in war……
Well dandy! Now I'll have to tell everyone my wife has a dozen or so 9mm AND I have to buy a X frame just to save face!

For my purposes a can would be a really heavy, lanky, dirty, legally troublesome, and very expensive set of ear muffs to replace the ones I've never had a problem with. Now if you want to talk pneumatic ratchets and noise I'm in.

I won't say I hate it, in fact quite the opposite. I love going into Cabela's/Bass Pro/Sportsmans etc and listening to the salesman talk long enough to get a feel for their knowledge base. Once I've determined who the know-it-all is, I simply ask them if they have any 5.6x15mmR in stock. It's usually good for at least a minor chuckle because they either know immediately or are completely stumped. 275 Rigby is another one that works the same way.

This is an interesting read. Seems alot of folks don't like some of the older cartridges not remembering or realizing the powders, bullets, and rifles of the day made those cartridges great and steps forward to what we shoot today.
Seems a lot of folks don't like the newer cartridges, not realizing the powders, bullets, and rifles we have today don't happen without a market to drive innovation. R&D don't pay for itself (unless your the .223, 30-06, 308, etc. Military development). Hate what you want if that's what you do, but remember, they ALL have had a hand in making this LRH thing, a thing.
That said, I hate the 30-06. Chambered in a Winchester model 70 push feed with 'hardwood' stock that I shot when I was a youth it is my recoil measuring stick. Nothing has topped it for shooting discomfort yet, to include the 378Wby (braked).
Try a lightweight single shot with some hot and modern 45/70 loads. That metal butt plate would leave mark right through your shirt.