Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

I have used the 338 WM extensively and it does kick differently than a 375 H&H but that is a simple matter of physics. Recoil FT-LBS, gun weight, and stock design all contribute to perceived recoil. I once had a light weight .270 I could not stand shooting. My friend loved it and quickly became the next owner. Shooting big guns is like dancing; you have to practice well, to be good at it.
Honestly the weight and fit of the rifle matter way more than the cartridge up to a point. My .358 Norma is a heavier rifle that just feels natural when you shoulder it.

My dad, who is 73, five foot eight, and 150 pounds soaking wet, had never shot anything that powerful and was expecting punishment. After firing he actually looked at me bewildered and asked

"Is that it?"

The Remington pump .30-06 I got my first deer with as a scrawny 13 year old beat the 💩 out of me in comparison.

.350 Legend. Similar to the .357 Maximum,
6.5 CM does nothing that it's predecessors haven't done a little better. If the shooter wants a slower 6.5-284, or 6.5 Rem Mag, or 264 Win just load it with the appropriate powder.
I get irked every year when a "new" cartridge is marketed, only to find that the brass alone won't be manufactured to meet demand, and you can forget about finding actual factory ammo on the shelf for the next six years. PRC? Nozzler?

Anything Weatherby Magnum. Beautiful rifles, high performance cartridges; but I don't like shooting them and would not own one.
However, I do appreciate and respect them; but they are not for me.
Dude…the thread is about hate, not "well I respect it but it isn't for me" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If that's hate I think a lot more people hate me than I've realized 😁.

I love weatherby and what they stand for. But if I didn't handload you'd never see me with a rifle chambered in their cartridges as I'm not independently wealthy 🤣. As it stands I enjoy my vanguard in .257 wby. Fun little gun.

And the 340 always seems underrated. The 378 leaving no question about its efficacy. People argue about small bullets going fast and big bullets going slow…the .378 is the OG BEAST with a big bullet going fast! Hard to argue with it IF YOU CAN WITHSTAND IT 😁

Any reason why hornady doesn't offer the 147eldm in the 260?
The 260 Remington is my other rifle, so I too would like to see this load available. A great cartridge that is another Remington marketing failure. I think Federal had stopped loading it before they acquired Remington ammo. There has to be enough sales volume to support manufacturing runs. So we will see what happens. I would stock up on brass now...

1674505102080.png

The 260 Remington is my other rifle, so I too would like to see this load available. A great cartridge that is another Remington marketing failure. I think Federal had stopped loading it before they acquired Remington ammo. There has to be enough sales volume to support manufacturing runs. So we will see what happens. I would stock up on brass now...
Thinking 260
😆🤣😂😭 I had a girl ? friend that looked almost like that ! She hit harder than me. She loved to hunt tho and killed deer with me. She didn't like dragging my heavy ones tho. Lol. I'd help her with her forkhorns. I still think I could of whooped her *** . I'd kicked her butt in wrestling. 😳