Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Oh no

Blink once if you're being held against your will by the ghost of Jack O'Connor. (I heard he's really grumpy that he never got to hunt with the venerable 6.5 creedmoor)
Lol if I was forced to one cartridge,, the 6.5 Needmoor, I'd use my slingshot with taconite pellets ‼️😀 when I die, I'll hunt the creators of the Needmoors with my 270, 280, 25-06
Hows that??? 😀😂😂

Only 1 300 WM???? Come on... I got like 5 in 300 WM alone!!!

Funny how the 300 WM apparently has the MOST long range shooting trophies of all the cartridges... but yet... the belt and short neck and body taper are the WORST design decisions you can make for a cartridge!!!

Still say put a 180 gr Barnes TTSX bullet in it and hunt ANYTHING in North America at ANY range and you'll be happy you picked that caliber!!!

Funny how the 300 WM apparently has the MOST long range shooting trophies of all the cartridges... but yet... the belt and short neck and body taper are the WORST design decisions you can make for a cartridge!!!

Still say put a 180 gr Barnes TTSX bullet in it and hunt ANYTHING in North America at ANY range and you'll be happy you picked that caliber!!!
4-243's & one 6mm REM, 5 270's, 7 3006, & 1 300WM lol plus a myriad of others, lol & never Any Needmoors 😀😂 & the Browning Abolt 300WM. Stainless Stalker w Boss is Acccurate ‼️

Last edited:

1 at a time pal gotta pace myself

We had one…..once! Won a Browning @ an NRA Banquet. We didn't need a "small bore" 😂 hunting rifle……sold it NIB a few weeks after winning it! 🫢 memtb

We had one…..once! Won a Browning @ an NRA Banquet. We didn't need a "small bore" 😂 hunting rifle……sold it NIB a few weeks after winning it! 🫢 memtb
hahahahaha

Your comment about the small bore .300 win mag is funny. But 30 cal of any case capacity IS still smallbore I suppose…

But it just reminds me of the polar opposite view that all the old guys from church (and I say that with respect!) that taught me how to shoot and hunt seem to have. They all, without exception, hunt exclusively with .308 Winchester or .30-06 Springfield. They respect the 243…as a round for women and children only. They all grew up and learned on .303 British and .30-30 Winchester (as did I). They nod their head with respect for the .270 Winchester as a legitimate, useful, and time honoured cartridge but they themselves don't see any reason for it, they have no use for one personally. But it's acceptable, nothing weird or out of place. I honestly don't know if these guys have even heard of the 6.5 creedmoor yet - these are old school men living out in the middle of nowhere in the country with no cell phone service, no internet, and some of them choose to live without any tv in the house and I think they're happier for it. And 30 caliber is the only caliber that really matters 🤣

HOWEVER…the .30-06 is a moderate, sensible cartridge…and ANYTHING with a bigger case or a bigger bullet (except the 8mm mauser, that one's fine 🤪) is a RIDICULOUS field artillery overkill overcompensating cannon used by RIDICULOUS people (like me 😁)

I don't know if they realize how close their .30-06s actually are to my .300 win mag…they seem to think I must just get a kick out of blowing things up with it - "what on earth do you need a gun like that for???"

One of these men died a few years ago (tragically, crushed in an accident involving a log pile) - he had a 7mm rem mag, old Remington 700 accurized back before stuff liek that was common at all. He was also a heck of a shot - in the 1980s he was well known by other outdoorsmen for making 600 yard shots look easy before that was really a thing anyone contemplated doing, at least where I live. 300-400 yard shots OFFHAND.

But you could just see the other guys of his generation smirking to themselves whenever hunting or guns came up (which was every church potluck lunch 🤣) and almost read their thoughts

"Oh there goes that big shot with his big fancy gun again…" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He actually inspired me very much as a kid. I wanted to be able to shoot like him one day (he was also my Neighbor growing up, his wife often babysat my sister and I, very kind lady) - may he rest in peace.

Back to those other old guys….I still haven't told them about the .358 Norma… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh why not!
06E4CD2B-83C5-4A4E-A8B7-2E984E3F5601.jpeg

Recent Posts