Whats happened to this forum ?

soundwaves

Image033.jpg
miss the good old days when the threads were full of peoples last hunts and pics. now all l see is 6.5mm this and cutom build that. it was all about the 7mm-08 last year and its the 6.5 this year.

Last edited:
View attachment 86270 miss the good old days when the treads were full of peoples last hunts and pics. now all l see is 6.5mm this and cutom build that. it was all about the 7mm-08 last year and its the 6.5 this year.

The solution is to post what you want to read about.

I think you will be surprised to find that the membership is very diverse
and most have a lifetime of stories they can tell. on this web site you have many people that are new to this sport and have many questions. We are lucky to have so many experienced members that can answer most questions without making the person feel stupid for asking. (Like many other sites).

With the broad experience base on this site, somewhere you will find the answer to almost any question.

J E CUSTOM

The solution is to post what you want to read about.

I think you will be surprised to find that the membership is very diverse
and most have a lifetime of stories they can tell. on this web site you have many people that are new to this sport and have many questions. We are lucky to have so many experienced members that can answer most questions without making the person feel stupid for asking. (Like many other sites).

With the broad experience base on this site, somewhere you will find the answer to almost any question.

J E CUSTOM
thats why l like this site. l started rifle hunting 10 yers ago. and have learnt alot from people on this site. l remember comeing home from a hunt frustrated because l missed a shot. and someone here said. aim small miss small. that on its own was the biggest advice l have ever got from anyone.

I am guessing that the reason is that there is only so any opportunities for long range big game hunting for most Americans but they want to put their quality rigs to use in competition matches which are everywhere. I agree that traditional big game is a lot more attractive but for those not in the west and without fat wallets have to get the pew pew out through some other avenue. How about a new program where hunting westerners host a non-westerner on an affordable big game shoot?

He is right...I'm too busy reading 6.5 threads too. I need to post up the wife's final tally...

4 shots...4 kills...all one shot kills...shortest shot was 109yds out to 307yds. It's her first deer season and she was never raised around hunting so it was totally forigen to her.

I am guessing that the reason is that there is only so any opportunities for long range big game hunting for most Americans but they want to put their quality rigs to use in competition matches which are everywhere. I agree that traditional big game is a lot more attractive but for those not in the west and without fat wallets have to get the pew pew out through some other avenue. How about a new program where hunting westerners host a non-westerner on an affordable big game shoot?
It's rarely (never)a shoot, it's a hunt. And that's the best part.

Well I posted great detail on my long range elk hunt this year, so I'll point the finger elsewhere. ;)

But seriously, I've gotten a lot of useful info here over a good many years. The only reason I built my 338 Edge was because I read about the round here. And I always had an interest in long range hunting/shooting but it was this site which got me serious about it.

I see I joined in 2003...I only shot muzzleloader then, but took it to 400 yards...I didn't get my first long range centerfire rifle until I'd been reading up here for 2 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.