Whats happened to this forum ?

morning, any questions on this site, go to forums, use the search mode,
when u see ur particular caliber mentioned, look at the writer, and
ask that member for info. u will be surprised at the amount
of info u can obtain. u will read and know who to read their postings.
there r very good members on this site. good luck. GBOT TUM
once in awhile u have members disagree, me included, choices
of opinions.

LaVec
Welcome to the forum.
you will find considerate people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience in polite and thoughtful way.

Except for that chick from Texas. According to her, I don't know my *** from a hole in the ground. Because of her, I peek in every once in a while, but won't contribute anymore. Good luck Lavec.

Except for that chick from Texas. According to her, I don't know my *** from a hole in the ground. Because of her, I peek in every once in a while, but won't contribute anymore. Good luck Lavec.
Well
You should not have told her you were single and a billionaire. At least you could have paid for dinner instead of sneaking out the back door.. **** that has ****ed every lady I have ever done that to

I've been around this site for awhile now. I think I first posted a question in 2011 or 12, or so. Not long, by some standards, but for myself, that is the equivalent of forever. And what keeps me coming back is the astounding amount of knowledge and experience, shared in (usually) respectful and friendly tones. You will find that there is a person or a group of people to whom you can relate to, and will have an impact on your thinking. At least, I have found this to be so.

I see a lot of things, subjects and methods of doing this and that, new equipment and bullets and guns coming out new optics, god only knows what may be put on here next, perhaps that Remington is officially dead, but I hope that never happens, and the most important thing this sight does is get ones common sense working if they have one. Everyone has there own way of doing things, many take factual ways of doing something and perhaps slightly change a little something to give themselves a better feeling about the way that they are now doing something they have contributed to. I will take every ones opinion and separate the possible from the impossible or the unlikely and use some and try others and pitch the rest. I call this using common sense. some have it and some don't. There is a very old but true saying, don't believe everything you here and only "half" of what you see. Good luck hunting and shooting in 2018.

When I first visited this site, oor forum, I was referred to it due to a Google inquiry. From that day, I hovered over the topics that came up, and I wrote down the webpage address, so I could return to it. Eventually, I joined, and read, and learned about a few things that I was curious about, less then what I am experienced in. Long story short, then interest in the 7STW, popped up, then it was full attention, because it's a caliber, I hsve owned and loved since Layne, Simpson made it.
Well, then, Len Backus, actually made us a sub thread, due to the volume. What transpired after that, was quite amazing. People shared guns, loads, pics, stories, etc. What REALLY happened, was that more then a few screen names, became pm, and which ended up in actual friendships, that endure. That is real.
What I see now, is a lot of caliber bashing, and snot throwing. To each his/ her own, but when it gets personal, that's another story.
This forum, has a following, and a brain trust, like no other, but when a potential new member, reads the b.s., long before the facts, kinda makes you look away. I just hope that what brought ME to the website remains, and that the BS, dosent scare others away, including myself.
The site overall is still a great resource to all and Len does a pretty good job of ushering the troublemakers out if polite warnings don't get the job done quickly.

As for this subforum, there's no place on the internet much less in print (hard copy) that can provide someone interested in the STW with as much good information.

We have more expertise on the STW right here than can be found anywhere else and a bunch of STW aficionados more than willing to share everything we know to anyone willing to ask.

A guy can learn more about the STW reading here for an hour than we could scouring every known source in existence even just twenty years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.