What ever happened to the WSSM’s

It's a .470 Capstick even though it uses a .475/476 bullet.

Unless you are recoil insensitive, you might want to reconsider.

;)
I'm a masochist…I like my hot sauce to be a test of how close to not being able to cope with the burn I can get, I get some weird inner calm (maybe hypothermia) from not dressing for the weather in Saskatchewan's January, and it puts a smile on my face when a rifle hits me like it means it haha.

It's a .470 Capstick even though it uses a .475/476 bullet.

Unless you are recoil insensitive, you might want to reconsider.

;)
And besides, I've mentioned this before…they keep talking about resurrecting the wooly mammoth…winter in Saskatchewan is prime mammoth habitat…a handy short barrelled 470 capstick or 458 Lott truck gun might be needed for future wildlife encounters 😂

We bought a really nice 25 WSSM Model 70 Ultimate Shadow for Jill to shoot deer size and to hunt coyotes. It didn't shoot great when we first got it and using factory Winchester Ammo. We were going to Africa in another week so just thought that Jill had to get used to the rifle and also need to get broke in. Well Jill shot several animals on the trip and when we got home i took it to the range to get it tuned up. Really had high hope for the cartridge and rifle. I had a matching Model 70 in .325WSM. The more I shot it the greater the groups opened up.
Sent it back to Winchester which is now Browning. That rifle was made during the Labor dispute at Winchester and the pending sale to Browning. Did hear that the some Winchester employees were so disgruntled that firearms made at the period were very POOR quality and we were not the only people that got firearms that needed to be returned/replaced. Customer service was told just get rid of all the problem firearms.
Browning contacted us and said that they would not send the rifle back due to safety concerns. I told them if there is a problem with the barrel, which I thought there was, just spin a new barrel on it and send it back. Browning said NO new barrel or work on the rifle. I said well just send it back to us and I would fix it myself. They told me that they could not return the rifle due to "Safety", but they would replace with and "A" Bolt and charge me if there were any difference in price. That really go me mad. I said that i wanted a refund for what I paid. I had to provide all documentation before a refund. I provided the receipts and they only paid for the sale price and no shipping costs or TAX. This really made me even more mad... I vowed that we would never buy another Browning product.
We didn't blame Winchester and even now that they are made by Browning. Browning should have stepped up and took extra care of everyone that issues during that time. They could have just put a new barrel on and we would have been extremely happy and super excited about the 25WSSM.
Still wish we had one but going to make a 25 Super or 25X284. Have several thousand Berger 133 & 135gr bullets, plenty of Lapua brass, and Competition dies. Just need a Reamer, Barrels and a stock or chassis.
Still have high regard for the 25WSSM. We donated our left over Brass & Ammo to a LRH member for his daughter. Since then he has sent us pictures of his daughter harvesting deer with the 25WSSM!
I'm sorry they did that to you Len, I am the member you helped out and to this day still grateful for your kindness. We still love the 25 wssm and will always have one. I am interested in one of your supers when you get going or maybe the 24x284. I have a 7mm-08 that I love dearly and always thought about necking it down to 25. I'm not sure if I sent last year's pictures to you yet of the kiddos deer, so here you go. Alexis and her custom 25 wssm shooting the 117gr Cayugas, and Hunter wanted to use my 257 Blackbird shooting the 121 hhs.
20221011_093344.jpg
20221010_151712.jpg

For us, the 25WSSM really didn't deliver anything beyond the 257Bob and AI could, and it came up short against our 25-06's. Sure, the short action was nice, but when brass became hard to find, we stuck it in the safe.

Divorced from the little wssm length actions they have very little benefit. But paired with a 21 inch barrel on a micro action with the little crf action the package was really sweet. Now that everybody and their brother has a suppressor something with similar package but threaded it would make a sweet little mountain rifle package.

I'm sorry they did that to you Len, I am the member you helped out and to this day still grateful for your kindness. We still love the 25 wssm and will always have one. I am interested in one of your supers when you get going or maybe the 24x284. I have a 7mm-08 that I love dearly and always thought about necking it down to 25. I'm not sure if I sent last year's pictures to you yet of the kiddos deer, so here you go. Alexis and her custom 25 wssm shooting the 117gr Cayugas, and Hunter wanted to use my 257 Blackbird shooting the 121 hhs.
View attachment 433317View attachment 433314
Yes we got the pictures and was excited to see your daughter harvest the deer. This was back in January 2021. We had exchanged Texts back then.