What ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to read and write about LRH here and don't even have to wear a mask!!! In the summer I can dress down to my skivvies. I enjoy just about everything that is said here. Makes me want to take my new 7mm08 barrel out and murder some paper: low cost PPU brass and bullets are good. Lately I have found that my 30-06 is one sweet shooter. I like varmint weight barrels and that makes all of them pleasant to shoot. Big Vortex at 24 power for paper but four power on the 358 Winchester for blasting deer at < 100yds. A tool for every purpose. Sierra remains my go to brand for bullets. Never have shot a Hammer.

the Long Range Hunting forum. Reading. It's fundamental. There are innumerable places to discuss other topics like global politics.

I know whats what. We don't need lectures.
Perhaps you do? Don't get your hackles up, that's not my intent. I wish you to pause and consider. This reminds me of liberty at a rear area R&R base. You had to be up and out at 08:00 and could only drink 2 beers a day. Is that really R&R? Venue, context and timing matter.

Last night I couldn't post anything or even send a PM to Len. I'd start typing and it would would cut me off . I didn't say anything bad. There were some that were getting out of hand and I knew the thread would be deleted. I wonder if it happened to others ? I'm calm now . 😉
hang on bud, we need you.

I get to read and write about LRH here and don't even have to wear a mask!!! In the summer I can dress down to my skivvies. I enjoy just about everything that is said here. Makes me want to take my new 7mm08 barrel out and murder some paper: low cost PPU brass and bullets are good. Lately I have found that my 30-06 is one sweet shooter. I like varmint weight barrels and that makes all of them pleasant to shoot. Big Vortex at 24 power for paper but four power on the 358 Winchester for blasting deer at < 100yds. A tool for every purpose. Sierra remains my go to brand for bullets. Never have shot a Hammer.
model 88? now we r talking my language.

I see what you are saying, Will Gray. But if the ATF were to confiscate your beloved 30-06, I bet you would want to talk about politics then!
Talking gun related politics is a necessity of every American citizen. Racial slurs (such as the one in the deleted thread) are not necessary and are not allowed.
The issue is not political discussion of the firearms industry. This is not even a free speech issue. The Moderators are keeping LRH from becoming a sinkhole of obscenity and hatred.

If anyone uses racist name calling on this forum, I say the Moderators should ban them so that LRH is not discredited.

Perhaps you do? Don't get your hackles up, that's not my intent. I wish you to pause and consider. This reminds me of liberty at a rear area R&R base. You had to be up and out at 08:00 and could only drink 2 beers a day. Is that really R&R? Venue, context and timing matter.
I'm calm. Maybe not around 5pm though 😆
Thanks

I'll occasionally get put in temporary 'timeout' for speaking my mind on various forums. I often think they just want to give me time to sober up or rethink things haha.
Yeah, that happened to me once here as well, for getting mad in a discussion about primer costs, and saying some stupid $hi& to another forum member. We all have our opinions but I can't argue about getting smacked down for my comments, which weren't exactly gracious. I'm never at my best when I get teed off, which thankfully doesn't happen too often.

(AS an aside, and not to hijack the thread, but I just saw a post on a Northwest US gun owners list where a guy is selling 45,000 primers of all kinds for $4500! That should keep someone shooting, at least thru the summer…)

Guilty as charged :). I have a long list of EX's who probably wouldn't be ex's if I'd taken their advice.
Long list ! Dang ! One was enough for me. We are best friends though. Just celebrated or 30th ! Year divorced. She was bummed when I moved up here then a year later our son moved to Colorado Springs. Felt bad but hey, I had to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.