What ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Long Range Hunting forum. Reading. It's fundamental. There are innumerable places to discuss other topics like global politics.
I agree with you on the purpose of this site, but I would gladly promote a section for political debate or commentary on LRH. There are very few, if any forums on the web that brings a better group of humans together than this site. It would be great to be able to vent or discuss important topics of today with a group this knowledgeable. Many on here are decorated war heros and enlisted military, officers of the law , backwoods prepers , and extremely talented marksman ( markspeople?) .
If this site were to create such a forum, I believe it would be very beneficial for all of us. Its hard on the heart to keep this stuff bottled up . There are very few forums that allow a conservative view without the flakes of the world forcing a voice to be silenced . I for one think we need a room to talk current event out among like minded sportsmen ( sports people?)
Am I alone ?

I agree with our Moderators who deleted the AMMO to Ukraine thread. One of the posts violated clear LRH rules against racist name calling.
I have no problem discussing politics as it relates to the arms industry.
But we can't allow racial slurs.
I must of not made to that page. I only got up to 8.

I agree with you on the purpose of this site, but I would gladly promote a section for political debate or commentary on LRH. There are very few, if any forums on the web that brings a better group of humans together than this site. It would be great to be able to vent or discuss important topics of today with a group this knowledgeable. Many on here are decorated war heros and enlisted military, officers of the law , backwoods prepers , and extremely talented marksman ( markspeople?) .
If this site were to create such a forum, I believe it would be very beneficial for all of us. Its hard on the heart to keep this stuff bottled up . There are very few forums that allow a conservative view without the flakes of the world forcing a voice to be silenced . I for one think we need a room to talk current event out among like minded sportsmen ( sports people?)
Am I alone ?
👍

Am I alone ?
👍 Amen to every word of that.

Everything can be about politics which is why this is about Long Range Hunting. Guns are a controversial topic and talking about them without getting involved in political speeches is a tough ask - but it's the right one for this site. Len has done a great job of toning things down and keeping us on the subject of shooting. This site attracts the full spectrum of individuals with strong and differing opinions on many things, including politics. I was raised a country boy and have been a hunter and shooter for a lifetime but some of my opinions fall on the liberal side of centre. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying my time on this site and exchanging knowledge and experiences with people who hold different opinions. If that requires rules I am glad they exist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.