What would you get for a binoculars non rangefinding?

What kind of binoculars would you buy if you had 500-750 for a budget? Thought about athlon Cronus, leupold bx4, what else would you say?

leupold.
Bought 1 pair 28 years ago. Sent them back twice over that time. One for scratches on the glass form everyday use and another from a focus problem due from being drop off side of a ridge. They sent me a new pair without any questions. These are used a lot and have aided in a lot of death on game. There quality and customer service is why I keep going back on all my optics.

Last edited:
I personally don't like Swarovski binos. The ergonomics just don't work for me and I prefer zeiss or leica glass (even if the leica warranty sucks).

Glass is one of my bigger regrets. I ended up buying my way up to a pair of Swaro EL binos. Now I have a pile of junk binos in varying price ranges. My advice is to save yer money for another year or two and buy the best glass you can afford...

I have used all the premium German glass and Leupold, Vortex etc.
If I needed another,I would look for 2nd hand premiums binoculars.All makes back the them up for failure.
Minox make very good glass, as good as Swaro or Zeiss, imo.
I bought the Minox 10 x43 HPO version in 2012, not as costly as the Swaro's - just as good and better in low light. I do have Swaro's here also. No bad choices, except I did not like Nikon's

As a binocular fanatic whose lost count of the ones I still have I will say that none of the ones mentioned are bad choices. Go with what works for you and your eyes. Of all the ones I have my two favorites are my Swaro 8x32 EL's and an old pair of Vortex Fury 6.5x30.....go figure :)

I run Stiener Nighthunters which are bulky, heavy, no longer made, and awesome in low light. Had a hunter with a pair of Vortex Razor binos this fall though that I was very impressed with. Clarity every bit as good if not a bit better, have the size and weight, and only lost a bit at very first and last light. If you can find them in your price range (tough but he got his on a military discount at the upper end of your price range) I would recommend them.

I have Minox 15X58 binoculars. They are truly nice, but maybe a percent behind Swarovski 25X56. I could hardly tell the difference.

I have a pair of those too and they're simply amazing for the price.

Having said that all my other binocs are Zeiss and that's because I've tried most of the major brands and they just look the best to me.

Swarovski is on par with Zeiss but I can't stand to look through them. The color always seems off. I know that's a very subjective opinion but I've heard other people say the same thing. Plus they don't feel comfortable in my hands.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.