What to use for varnish on euro mount?

The Oregonian

Shot a bull in Wyoming and had a taxidermist go ahead and pull the brains out with all of the focus and regs on that and crossing state lines. I was doing a euro and he went ahead and did most of it on a quick turn while I wanted on my meat…he did everything but varnish, which wouldn't have dried in time.

From reading the interwebs It sounds like what people use is a clear, matte varnish. But you never know who to trust online and I trust the collective advice of this forum so hoping to know specific products people here use, and any other tips and tricks. It is currently cleaned and bleached and ready to go other than varnish.

Thanks.

I don't put anything on the antlers, but use mop and glow floor wax on the skull. It keeps the bone a nice natural ivory color and seals up all the little pores in the bone. I have not heard of using varnish. MT

Might be worth calling a few taxidermists to find out. I have several euro mounts that are almost 15 years old and as far as I know they don't have any varnish and still look fine.