What To Do??

Aussi roo

Hi fellas
Im only new to this so I apologies if im not suppose to post this question here. I am currently shooting a Remington 7600 in .308 and am not really happy with it. I originally purchased it for pig shooting and fitted it with a vortex 1-4 power scope. Turns out im doing more spotlighting for foxes with it than anything else. I'v been shooting 125gr ballistic tips out of it. I love the .308 but I feel the pump is pointless and makes cleaning it a chore. Should I keep it and buy a smaller vermin shooter or sell it and buy a nice bolt rifle in .308? Any ideas ?.

Cheers Roo.

Hi Roo,
I'm new here too, what ranges are you shooting fox's, I've just bought a 17 HMR for fox's and feral cats. I'm a believer having the right tool for the job. But if you want a more dual purpose cartridge I'd maybe opt for a 243. Whether you get rid of a rifle you aren't happy with is up to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.