What to buy? NX8 or MK5HD

Leupold scopes just dont hold zero, if you dial up and down many times, and im not talking only a couple moa's I mean 20-30moa for long range shooting the Leupold turrets Fail at some point.
The NX8 F1 4-32x50 is the best option, best durability and field of view. Just treat it as if it was a 4-20 power, I do most of my target and hunting on 10 - 16 power. Lots of people cry about the holy eye box when they just has poor shooting form or to high of magnification daled up. It doesn't matter what brand of scope you have, most people just use too high of magnification while shooting.

I hear you on the center dots but having to contend with the Christmas tree. I am a deer hunter first and I like a clean, non-busy reticle for hunting. I do have an ATCAR 5-25x56 with the regular MOAR reticle and I like it (though it is a bit heavy). However, I have 2 Trijicon Tenmile HX's in 5-25x50 that are regular MOAR reticles with small center dots and I absolutely love them for deer hunting.
I agree with your advice if you are going to get a NF NX8 that you might as well get the 4-32x50. I am actually considering that scope for my next build.
Yeah the Christmas tree is really annoying. If nf ever comes out with a decent center dot reticle, I will definitely be sending mine back in for a new reticle. That's good info on the trijicon, I'll have to check it out.

I wouldn't touch another NX8 in my lifetime. Sales by specifications on that product line. Sounds really great on paper, imo horrible in the hand. The FOV and Eye Box make it nearly useless outside of bench shooting. I've tried all three versions.
I have to agree. For me, the eye box on the NX8 was just too tight. Very happy w both my Mk5 3.6-18 and my 5-25 on hunting rifles. They track perfectly to 1000+yds, w FFP.

Good evening,
Having a rifle built and trying to stay light but not sacrifice any quality. I've been looking at the nightforce nx8 2.5-20x50 and the leupold mk5hd 3.6-18x44. Any feedback for these scopes? Pros and cons?

Also open to suggestions for a good lightweight scope.

Thanks
I have both. I also have both in the Tremor3. I would not recommend either with that reticle if you intend to use at low power much.
I love the 4-32x50 NX8 with MOAR reticle the most even though I will probaby use 32x mostly on the range. I have that scope both in FFP and SFP. It's basically the same weight as the 2.5-20. Honestly, the 2.5-20 I would call more a 4-17....
If it's going to get knocked around, go the NF. Also less chromatic aberration in the NF.
Weight wise, the Mk5 is lighter and more compact (by quite a bit). If the gun stays close to home mostly, it's good to go. While I haven't had any issue with my MK5 yet, they have been quite a few reports on loss of zero.
I'll throw a few more in the mix for you, the Burris XTR3 3.3-18x50 SCR and the March scopes. I've beaten the crap out of both of those. Steiner T6Xi (but heavy) or the Steiner Predator 8 (reticle is pretty average though).
I am considering a new Maven to try but it's hard to change.

Good evening,
Having a rifle built and trying to stay light but not sacrifice any quality. I've been looking at the nightforce nx8 2.5-20x50 and the leupold mk5hd 3.6-18x44. Any feedback for these scopes? Pros and cons?

Thanks
For a light weight scope look at the Swarovski Z-3 or Z-5 right at 16 ounces the Z-6 is 21 ounces

I like the Kahles reticle the best of those three. The other 2 are way too busy for me to use in a hunting scenario. Leupold has a Varmint reticle very similar to the Kahles. Both the Leupold and NF are great scopes, so I agree with "pick the scope that has the reticle you like the best." With a FFP scope, make sure you get an illuminated reticle for those low power scope shots in low lighting conditions.
I'm a kahles fan myself.

First of all, very nice set-up—I am jealous…lol. I currently have (2) 6.5 PRC's (love both of them) and I was actually considering rubbing my nickels together and getting a Gunwerks rifle for my next build; however I am not sure of the caliber yet.
I appreciate your comments about the NF NX8 4-32x as I am seriously considering purchasing this scope for my next one. NF scopes are typically a little heavier than other brands of same power and quality; however, the NX8 4-32x comes in on the lighter side for the amount of magnification you get which is one reason I was so drawn to it. After hearing your comments I will definitely do more research before my purchase. Thanks
Save your nickels and buy a better gun. Wolf precision. You won't regret it.

Good evening,

Thanks
I have a number of Leopold VX6 HD 3-18 X 50--lightweight, clean reticle with a fire dot and crisp zero stop function. They are great and last I checked considerably lighter and less expensive than NX8. I also have a lot of Euro Glass and Viper Vortex HST 4-16 X 44 that are really bang for your buck. The Leo is my current overall favorite.

Good evening,

Thanks
In that same arena you might look at the Zeiss V6, 3-18×50. You should also research tracking issues with the Leupold 5HD. I have leupold that I don't use the turrets for elev/wind correction, only magnification enhancement, and they're great scopes for that purpose. However, lots of people have had tracking issues with Leupold. As others have mentioned, pick FFP or SFP first, then pick the reticle, then pick the scope. If you do not get the focal plane AND the reticle you want you will always regret it. Based on what you wrote, I assume this is a hunting rifle. Personally, I prefer SFP for hunting and minimize markings on the reticle.