What to buy

Kbaker657

I just wanted to get some opinions on what my next purchase should be. I currently have a Burris xtr a Leica 1600b a basic wind meter and the applied ballistics app on my phone. My dilemma is whether to buy a g7 br2 a new scope or the kestrel elite applied ballistics. Any help is greatly appreciated. i hunt and regularly shoot out to 1k

I just wanted to get some opinions on what my next purchase should be. I currently have a Burris xtr a Leica 1600b a basic wind meter and the applied ballistics app on my phone. My dilemma is whether to buy a g7 br2 a new scope or the kestrel elite applied ballistics. Any help is greatly appreciated. i hunt and regularly shoot out to 1k

here is my take.

If you are a hunter and use a CDS dial on your rifle scope the G7 is the way to go. A much faster system for hunting.

If you are mostly into shooting long range targets then I say the kestrel elite and the bushnell elite one mile conx bundle. A more accurate solution when you have plenty of time to dial in the corrections.

Thanks for the reply. I just don't know if I could sell a Leica to get a bushnell. I think the Leica is a much better range finder

Thanks for the reply. I just don't know if I could sell a Leica to get a bushnell. I think the Leica is a much better range finder

I agree on the quality of the leica. The only reason I am going bushel is because of the link to the kestrel. take your range and the kestrel with applied ballistics gives you elevation and windage adjustments. neat system.

It"s not a big deal,nor does it take more than a few seconds to enter the yardage and angle( if any) from the Leica to the Kestrel. The new unit will be outstanding if the Bushnell range finder works as well as the Leica and it is not over priced. If the new unit isn't outstanding stick with what you have (1600) and just buy you a Kestrel. I love mine.

It"s not a big deal,nor does it take more than a few seconds to enter the yardage and angle( if any) from the Leica to the Kestrel. The new unit will be outstanding if the Bushnell range finder works as well as the Leica and it is not over priced. If the new unit isn't outstanding stick with what you have (1600) and just buy you a Kestrel. I love mine.

Would you stay with the scope I have? The reason I put it up for opinion is I have an original Burris xtr 6-24 scope and it has 1" vertical and 1/2" horizontal clicks. I'm sure the kestrel is great and I want to own one but like everyone else I have a budget. I don't mind the clicks but on the other hand one inch vertical clicks is pretty coarse

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.