What the heck is this?

Janno05

Does anyone know what the heck this thing is? I know it's a dial indicator, but for the life of me I don't know what it measures. I don't have it in hand yet, so I am hoping someone here has some more info for me. Thanks!

Attachments

• 7933550F-E844-4409-B5F9-FE9558C2E7B6.png
    7933550F-E844-4409-B5F9-FE9558C2E7B6.png
    317 KB · Views: 296
I don't usually shoot .22 for accuracy, more for quiet suppressed fun. Is there anything else I can do with the dial indicator to get more use out of it? I would like to get set up with a concentricity gauge eventually, do they come without the dial?

I don't usually shoot .22 for accuracy, more for quiet suppressed fun. Is there anything else I can do with the dial indicator to get more use out of it? I would like to get set up with a concentricity gauge eventually, do they come without the dial?
They come without the dial. You can also use Calipers...but Ive found the Dial is faster. Hours of "enjoyment" picking through .22 bullets...and in my opinion, worth the effort.

I tend to use target 22 ammo from a reputable manufacturer.
My Anschutz and I shot very well at the local indoor range.
10 scoring targets - 100 with 9 centre bulls.
Ammo was Eley match - subsonic.
Yep - I know it's only 25yds, but the 'glow' I got was very pleasing.
PS - Mueller 8.5-25 x 50 glass (set on 22X), helped a lot;)

Well maybe this is a sign that I need to get a bolt action .22 then. A suppressed cz 452 would be a fun squirrel getter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.