What talents do you have...

Forgot the picture.
20170119_182118.jpg

That's really nice wood work...and a lot of hours...
My grandfather covered an interior of the church we attended...
He used myrtlewood....panels...glued and little itty bitty nails...
all predrilled holes otherwise the wood split....the myrtlewood had to be slowed cured...it was buried in the ground to keep the moisture from escaping to fast or all the wood would split...took a lot of time and effort....he did the entire wall behind the alter and swinging doors and the two sides of the original church,and covered the cross piece arches...he also built the cross that hangs on the wall behind Jesus...its beautiful..and not a piece of myrtlewood that I know of has ever split..I cant remember if he made the pews....and then he made a miniature church for Christmas display...all of myrtle...and the top is hinged to look inside....
I will never have that talent....thankful enough to have his blood...

all predrilled holes otherwise the wood split....the myrtlewood had to be slowed cured...it was buried in the ground to keep the moisture from escaping to fast or all the wood would split...took a lot of time and effort....he did the entire wall behind the alter and swinging doors and the two sides of the original church,and covered the cross piece arches...he also built the cross that hangs on the wall behind Jesus...its beautiful..and not a piece of myrtlewood that I know of has ever split..I cant remember if he made the pews....and then he made a miniature church for Christmas display...all of myrtle...and the top is hinged to look inside....
Been thinking on this some. Nobody is born knowing what they know now. In other words, we go thru a learning process for everything we know. The things that I like to do, I had to spend more time learning them. The things I DON'T like to do(And there are quite a few, just ask my wife), I suck at, largely because I have not invested any time in them. For instance, I am , in this area, one of the more proficient excavator operators. I wanted to be, so I invested a boat load of time in learning that particular skill. I am still learning, after 35 yrs. So, good hand to eye coordination, you would think, rite? Let me tell you how astonishingly HORRIBLE I am at video games!! Terrible! And I think it's because I have zero interest in it, so have invested no time. I'm wondering, is it talent? Or possibly, experience, that we develop ?

That's a great question...I hate video games also...but put me into a piece of equipment and I will gladly bounce around til I run out of fuel.....something about being able to tear something up and being able to repair it........
I have spent many of hours figuring out how to paint those fish..reproductions or skins.....worked with four different taxidermist...and incorporated all that time into my hands...
Have severe carpal tunnel and dislocated my wrist trying to pull start my mower last spring...can hardly hold the airbrush now...but extreme trouble putting the finished touches with the little hand brushes.....sucks....so I am scheduled for right hand surgery on Feb 14....hopefully it helps.....

That's a great question...I hate video games also...but put me into a piece of equipment and I will gladly bounce around til I run out of fuel.....something about being able to tear something up and being able to repair it........
I have spent many of hours figuring out how to paint those fish..reproductions or skins.....worked with four different taxidermist...and incorporated all that time into my hands...
Have severe carpal tunnel and dislocated my wrist trying to pull start my mower last spring...can hardly hold the airbrush now...but extreme trouble putting the finished touches with the little hand brushes.....sucks....so I am scheduled for right hand surgery on Feb 14....hopefully it helps.....
Oh man, I hope that works out well for you. And next time, pull start your mower with your truck . Seriously, tho, I hope tbe surgery goes well. You have an amazing talent. Experience. Crap, now I'm confused....

Been thinking on this some. Nobody is born knowing what they know now. In other words, we go thru a learning process for everything we know. The things that I like to do, I had to spend more time learning them. The things I DON'T like to do(And there are quite a few, just ask my wife), I suck at, largely because I have not invested any time in them. For instance, I am , in this area, one of the more proficient excavator operators. I wanted to be, so I invested a boat load of time in learning that particular skill. I am still learning, after 35 yrs. So, good hand to eye coordination, you would think, rite? Let me tell you how astonishingly HORRIBLE I am at video games!! Terrible! And I think it's because I have zero interest in it, so have invested no time. I'm wondering, is it talent? Or possibly, experience, that we develop ?
FORWARD!, TRACK HOE!!

I am an organist (I can play pretty much any piece after a month or so of practice, including the notoriously difficult ones such as Bach Passacalia, Toccata and fugue in D minor, etc) and a violinist, I also play trumpet and percussion, accordion, piano, tuba, guitar, and something else that I'm forgetting.
I am also quite skilled on my Ducati and my dirt bike, on the duc' I go to track days and do pretty well, and on the dirt bike I can hop the bike over small walls, over logs, I can do wheelies in circles, and in general do a fairly vast amount of stunts on them.
I'm also not too bad of an aborist, I'm only in my 20's but I've grown up around a chainsaw since our house is primarily heated by a fireplace and since my dad passed I've been the one who had to fall trees, split the wood and cut kindling and such. To conserve the trees though we only cut down dangerous trees or trees that are already dead, but I can fall just about any tree safely no matter how dangerous the surroundings.

morning, licensed Aircraft mechanic-hunting-target shooting-fishing
cooking-vehicle repair(4wheel dr.)-electrician-plumber-machine shop work
reloading all of my weapons-collect 22 semi-autos-love my weenie dog
(best friend)-god-flag and country. GO Sooners-OKLA State Cowboys
GBOT TUM