What scope for Savage 110BA .338LM

Larry87

Well I got the rifle for Christmas from the wife and still have not got an optic for it. I have been looking at NF NXS 5.5-22x 56mm with the zero stop or the Leupold Mark 4 ERT 6.5-22x 50mm. I know the NF alone with the zero stop puts it ahead of the Leupold. I have had the pleasure of looking through the NF but not the Leupold. SO with both scopes having lifetime warranties what is the comparison between the two if you can even compare them.:D Thanks for any help of info.

If I had that gun I would stick it in my safe and save my pennys and buy a Hensoldt, no dought about it. Nice rig!

From my eyes the Lupy and NF glass is very close during daylight hours. I Have noticed once the sun starts to set the NF has a slight advantage. Shooting at a tide jug at 725 yards when the sun was setting to my back with the NF i was still easily able to read tide and the colors were still bright, swapped over to the lupy and the colors were starting to dim and could not make out TIDE.

NF NXS 5.5-22x50mm
Leupold MK4 LRT 6.5-20x50

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.