What rifle should i get from this list

2 different guys at my gun club have bought Seekins lately, one shoots just about everything under 3/4". The gun store sold him a Christianson first and it shoots patterns, no exaggeration. Factory and reloads.

The other did same thing but in 6.5CM. Best he can get is 4-6"with factory ammo. I just observed and asked questions but I would love to tear them apart and see the problems. His Savage and Seekins both shoot outstanding.

If you would decide to spring for a Seekins they sure seem to be much better from what I have seen first hand of recent gun purchases over the last month. The Savage shot right with the Seekins. Tikka is pretty darn good but I still like that Waypoint, the stock makes that rifle. If you need a lighter rifle and want to pack it the Sig is outstanding for the price with a foldable chassis. Most chassis like that are starting to crowd the price of the entire rifle. I have to quit thinking about that rifle! If I was going out west I would have that in 6.5CM and build a second barrel for Elk and moose. So packable. Enough from me on this subject. Good luck.

Was in Scheels today and here are a couple of options.
Not a mark on it, not sure that it was ever shot. Carbon Fiber barrel and adjustable cheek riser.
1689207378143.png

Once again an immaculate rifle.
1689207513754.png

New Rifle. 6.5 PRC
1689207780433.png

If you have to go off of your list waypoint. If you don't, seekins havak ph2 hands down. Best rifle I have ever owned by far and I have owned a lot of very expensive rifles. Right now I have a 300 win mag in mountain shadow but plan on getting the 6.5 creed in urban shadow next.

My SOLUS has been a champ. I tried to blow it up inadvertently with a over pressure round. Vented gassed away from me. I blew the ejectors and springs to hell. I fixed them and it still going strong. I can't imagine a more convincing test of an action. It sports a Bart CF 308 WIN. The bolt is smooth and short throw.
IMG_9685.jpeg

I'd go with the waypoint, fit/finish is on par with any semi custom out there. Not as smooth as my Bat machine but no slouch, the one I handled was smooth as a our Christensen rifle.
Sig cross I own is 6.5creed 18" barrel fit finish isn't bad but it's more utilitarian for sure, different tool different job.
Inside 400yd the PRC is a bit hot for my tastes but I'm a 243 guy. I would definitely go 16-18" and run suppressed if you can.

My best attempt to keep this short

I'm an active shooter in PRS, and have booked a hunt for my dad and I to go white tail in SD (rifle)

Although I'm an avid bow hunter in pa, I rarely hunt rifle and if I so it's from my archery stands where a 100y rifle shot is pushing it for my shooting lanes.

I have chambered several rifles and my favorite for prs style is 6.5cm but it's incredibly heavy.

I wanted to dip my toes into 6.5 prc but felt with the time remaining till hunt (nov) developing a whole new load regiment for a new caliber in a dictionary to purchasing all the setup did not warrant the modest velocity increase I would see over 6.5 cm.

I need a huntable rifle in 6.5 cm. I like to be in a semi premium platform, and I'd prefer to spend no more than $2k (also I am a dealer so my pricing might be slightly better than retail on some guns)

Options and pros and cons:

Sig cross: this will give me the most similar feel to what I shoot in prs, but the 18" barrel scares me for ballistics a bit. Price is great as it's the cheapest on my list. Also aluminum will be cold in SD November

Bergara crest premium: really I'm open to anything in the bergara premium lineup under 2k. The crest doesn't have an adjustable cheak comb which kinda sucks.....I think

Springfield waypoint: sounds like a great rifle, but is tipping thr scales with the cf barrel at the top end of price point. Do I really want to invest that much in a rifle I possibly do not use much after....

Finally the potentially scariest option
Aero solus action, ideally cf barrel, and lightweight chassis like hnt26. This is definitely going over my top end price, but I do love saying that I chambered a good shooting rifle. But the aero receiver is completely new and relatively untested.

Things I will NOT consider: 7 prc (I want one but that caliber is a mess right now with christiansen and honady pointing fingers), any Christiansen,

Please let me knownyour thoughts and how stupid some of my ideas are
Bergara MTN 2.0 was my idea. They used to ask on fb what they should do in the future. I said a 6-6.5 #, lighter contour barreled mountain rifle in a CF stock. Their thinnest barrel then was a #5. Also to start using TT triggers, and do a MPA comp rifle. Not even a thank you. I bought one of two 6.5 cm HMR's of the first run that came to a dealer an hour from me. But...anyway....
MTN 2.0 comes in 6.5 cm. I'd probably try a 120 Nos bt in a 6.5 cm. Flatten it out, longer pbz.
Of those the Waypoint is nice too, met a guy hunting and his 6 cm shot .75 moa with factory he said, looked real nice. Sig idk, and the MTN 2.0 would be my choice. Plus Bergara stuff is 700 footprint. Or a Tikka as mentioned, they shoot well also.

My SOLUS has been a champ. I tried to blow it up inadvertently with an h chassis and mag are you using?over pressure round. Vented gassed away from me. I blew the ejectors and springs to hell. I fixed them and it still going strong. I can't imagine a more convincing test of an action. It sports a Bart CF 308 WIN. The bolt is smooth and short throw.
View attachment 477452
W
My SOLUS has been a champ. I tried to blow it up inadvertently with a over pressure round. Vented gassed away from me. I blew the ejectors and springs to hell. I fixed them and it still going strong. I can't imagine a more convincing test of an action. It sports a Bart CF 308 WIN. The bolt is smooth and short throw.
View attachment 477452
What chassis and magazine are you using?

I would go with the Waypoint. Quality of build and sub moa guarantee for the price are both great reasons to buy this rifle.
You didn't list the Tikka on your original post, but they make a great rifle, very accurate and you can get it with a slightly heavier barrel that is threaded. They also have a lot of aftermarket support if you ever wanted to tinker with the rifle. They are also fairly easy to find and the 60-degree bolt lift is always a big plus for me personally.
Let us know what you decide and good luck!

Recent Posts