I Want To Hunt Coues For The 1st Time - What Should I Do First?

Rhino Hunter

To All,

Me and a couple buddies from Michigan want to try and hunt Coues for the 1st time. What do we need to do 1st? I imagine we need to start building points...correct? If so, what state(s) should we start applying to?

We would like to go guided, with rifle.

Thank you in advance to all who respond.

I am from Florida and have never hunted coues so take it with a grain of salt but for a guided hunt with rifle maybe look into some of the outfitters in Sonora region of Mexico.

One of my favorite hunts. Here in Az we get leftover tags, usually in some unsavory units. Too close to the US-Mexico border. Guided hunts are pricey, check coueswhitetail.com for guides. Also ask about out of state diy hunts. Arizona Game and Fish website may have some info too. Good luck

my jackalope from one sutch unit this year by no means a monster but ive been too picky and ate too many tags and hes a buck ive had on the back burner for other pepole for two years

Attachments

• 20181026_075516.jpg
    20181026_075516.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
I have blacktail & muledeer....not a whitetail buck yet...saw one in north idaho...just didnt make it up the mountain fast enough to get the shot....but...
Have roosevelt and rocky bulls...good bulls...
Nothing is monstrous....

Thats the kind of old warrior i want....
He's old & heavy...and you can tell he's a coues...
Some day....

Coues has always been on my Hunting Bucket List.

I've shot a bunch of Whitetails, a couple decent Muley Bucks, and a pair of nice Sitka Blacktails. It's time to try for a Coues.

I have a Weatherby Accumark V in .257 WBY. I shot a nice Whitetail last year at 390 yards. I'm hoping it would be a good gun for Coues.

257 will do just fine there not real big critters but couse country does offer itself to long shots pretty often and its canyon country so ya do have to fight the winds but my coues gun is just a 260 rem shooting 124 hammer's

When is draw time for tags....
OP...not trying to steal your deal.....you just awoke a sleeping giant dream....
Hope everything learned here can be utilized........

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts