What press are you using?

Started with a Rock Chucker. Now use a Forster Co- Ax for rifles, Dillon 1050 and 650 for handguns. I hate reloading. Some people love it, not my thing.

You can unscrew the threaded bushing on a RC and to find the date is stamped into the frame. I have another here from 1981. There total of three RC's here with one in active use. I had a Lyman T-Mag press. I was traumatized when the shoulder bolt broke that held connected the turret to the frame.

Rockchucker 35 yrs old, and my cousin just gave me his Rockchucker that's almost new. Use it for rifle, can make my 338-378 KTs from 378 Wby with no problem. 30 and 35 Herrets are easy resizes. Have a late'50s Hollywood turret for pistol calibers.

Rock Chucker Supreme for precision ammo, pulling bullets and swaging primer pockets.

Hornady Lock N Load AP for bulk ammo and bulk processing. I can deprime, resize and prime for all but one of my large bore calibers then single stage for powder and bullet seating.

I really like the AP. Makes for quick caliber changeovers. I replaced the standard O-Rings with some from McMaster-Carr... the next diameter up to snug up the play and it worked like a charm. Takes a little doing to get a new caliber set up, but once you do, the next go around all I worry about is powder charging.

JM2CFWIW YMMV

Cockednloaded:

Yes, it is the press moving in the mount. Presumably because the mount is not bolted down securely.

My point is that this kind of flexing is not noticeable with other presses. The Area 419 press puts the fulcrum way out in front of the ram, instead of in line with the ram as most other presses do. This strikes me as a flawed design -- whether the mount is insecure or you bolt directly to the bench, there will be a lot of torque where the bolt holes are located. The Rockchucker and the Bonanza I use avoid this asymetric loading.

With the turret presses, are you guys finding they are worth it for reloading your rifles and precise rounds, or are they more geared towards pumping out pistol ammo with a powder dump? I typically size all brass, prime all brass, put charged in all brass, then seat. I am going to be crimping now after reading Butterbeans post so that step is the only one that seems to benefit from the turret presses. I've gotten used to the standard single stage so that's why I'm asking. Spinning the turret to crimp while say doing 50-100 rounds would definitely save time.
I'm not fond of the turret press system for precision rifle ammunition. I have the RCBS 6 station one and unless you have a professional weight lifter tighten it down the upper section will tilt upwards at the bottom of the downstroke.
I use the Forester CoAxe press for all my precision loads.

I'm still on my first press, a Lee turret. I use it as a single stage for rifle, the real advantage being that I can just swap turret heads and not having to re-configure/re-check dies every time I swap. It's slower than I'd like for 9mm/45acp, but it makes ammo that'll do 1" at 400 yards in my 6mm Creed so I doubt I'd get any measurable improvement from another press.

I've used the same Rock Chucker since the 70's however its bolted down to a much thicker bench-top than I most often see on You Tube reloading videos. Mine is made using 2 (two) layers of 3/4 inch thick plywood both glued and screwed together with a two inch over-hang with a piece of 1/2"x 2" trim across the face. 3/4"x16 bolts run up from beneath to secure the press. The bench-top is secured to custom made 3/4" plywood cabinets secured to a concrete floor.
There is no flex or give to the bench top even when forming on cartridge case from another caliber (.223 to both .17 Rem. and .222 Rem. as well as several other cases from 30-06 mil. and com. brass). Once set to my standard .002" "bump" for resizing fired brass (thank you Eric Cortina) my old Rock Chucker is balls-on accurate with every resized case (using a comparator). I also keep the press cleaned and lubed constantly.