What mid priced rangefinder?

This one works.

Again not enough range on deer for me. Plus at that price I'd opt for a rangerfinder with more range and a built in ballistics app. Like one of the Sig binos or rangefinders. There was a Sig 3000 bino rangefinder on here for $500.

The Bushnell Nitro was my top pick for awhile but the range on deer targets stopped me. I need to reliably range out to at least 1200 yards on yotes for my needs. Now if the range finder would range dirt and rocks out to that range reliably then it would probably be fine. As it is the Sig Kilo 3k might be what I need. I just wish it had an upgrade-able AP phone app like the Bushnell Nitro 1800.

I don't have a lot of experience with rangefinders, it isn't something I replace very often. If money was no object I'd buy Leica Geovids, but the Lecia Rangemaster CRF is probably be my next purchase. The bane of my rangefinders is Pronghorn, I've used a few different brands over the years and Leica are the only ones I've be around that'll give me a reading on pronghorn.

I've had Leupold, Nikon, and Bushnell variations of range finders over the last 20 years. They would only work to maybe 300 yards, usually less on pronghorn. Leica would easily double that and more in most cases. I haven't been around a Swarovski, Zeiss, Vortex, or Sig RF to give an opinion of them.

I do think if you can afford them RF Binoculars are the way to go. The added weight of the binoculars makes it easier to steady and give better readings. You also don't have to switch between optics, which is a winner IMO.

My Leica 1600 served me well. And there's still times I prefer it.

Been rocking a pair of Vortex Fury ranging binos for a year now, and besides the weight, and the stupid itty bitty button you can't feel, these things are legit. I've zapped coyotes past 1200 reliably, cut banks, steep buttes, and big rocks can be reliably ranged well past 2000.

That little itty bitty baby button is annoying though.

Don't cheap out on a rangefinder. Most all are accurate, but many fall short in being able to read a target, especially at distance.

I hear good things about the Sigs (I do like their pistols). I'd like to run one through the paces.

Last edited: