Rangefinder

shifty06

As title sates I'm looking for a rangefinder. I have prety much decided on what I want (well capabilities I want.) And came up with a lecia 1600-B. Reason is I'm wanting to range coyote's out past 500yds. Leica is the only one that I have heard that would have the capability with suck a small target at that distance. (It will be tough for a finder in my neck of the woods flat and no trees around) I'd like to spend 800-1000 on one. I guess what I'm wondering is there another brand I should concider? For that price?

Thanks
Shifty

yeah im not buying it for the ballistic info. I have a separate wind meter for atmospheric data and using my own ballistic data. Im just using it for the range. I just didn't know if there was anything better out yet in that price range that could pick up such a small target at long distances. Or if I waited for a little longer (saved some more) if there might be something in the $1200 dollar range?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.