What method do you use wneh shoosing a powder?

Temperature insensitive powder, is still a relatively new thing, but that's not the end all determining factor, for me, and I live in a State where temps swing high and low daily. We didn't have them back in the late 80's early 90's and we did alright then. I rock RL17 for the higher velocity it gives over H4350 in 6.5 Creed with heavy, 140+ bullets and no case pressure signs. I like me some 2520 also. Was doing seating depth test yesterday with RL17 and the Berger 156EOL in another of my rifles, 10BA Stealth 24" avg over 2600 fps, but more importantly, 4 of 5 test groups printed .6 and less for 5 shots. So is it temperature insensitive as other powders, maybe/maybe not. Does this powder work in the hunting woods, in the fall, yes it do, very well. Do I use temperature insensitive powders, yes, Hodgdon makes a great product, when it's available, but "regular" powder can work just fine.
When you go deep into your Kestrel, it can even account for that variance.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.