What light for coyote hunting?

Blackdirt Cowboy

I'm looking at getting a red light for coyote hunting. What are y'all using and recommend? I don't want one that mounts on the scope. We always hunt in pairs. I'm looking for a lightweight, handheld unit that's adjustable from floor to spot.

I used what ever hand held light was on sale at the sporting goods store sites . I kind of liked the lower powers and used a blue cover instead of the red kept it higher then there eye level so as not to put it directly into their eyes . You just need to see their eyes and identify them so you know what your going to kill . As you don't see like it's day light practice helps you to know how to hold the light and what it is that your looking at . I liked to know my hunting area well during the day time so I knew what was behind my target in the night time no stock , homes , roads that some one may be setting on with their lights off .

I'm looking at getting a red light for coyote hunting. What are y'all using and recommend? I don't want one that mounts on the scope. We always hunt in pairs. I'm looking for a lightweight, handheld unit that's adjustable from floor to spot.
I've a Wicked Coyote light model W403IC,can be used hand held or rifle mounted on scope,I use it now only for scanning,because I now have night vision capability. I'ts worked great for me,a trick to using them,or you'll spook some yotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.