Light 7mm bullets for Coyote?

I'm planning on getting a 243

i think the 284 is too much gun too
At 243 is a great gun, but if you're looking at that, I personally go for a Creedmoor. 6.5 Creedmoor or 6 mm Creedmoor. Both incredibly great caliber and we shoot long distance and I personally feel will outperform the 243.

You can get the Creedmoor in about anything. I have the Ruger predator and it was cheap to purchase and that shoots lights out

At 243 is a great gun, but if you're looking at that, I personally go for a Creedmoor. 6.5 Creedmoor or 6 mm Creedmoor. Both incredibly great caliber and we shoot long distance and I personally feel will outperform the 243.

You can get the Creedmoor in about anything. I have the Ruger predator and it was cheap to purchase and that shoots lights out

As much as I hate to agree…I kinda agree haha. I have a .243, they're great, but the 6 creed has a lot going for it, notably the sharper shoulder and reduced taper being better for brass longevity, the longer neck and slightly smaller case capacity being easier on the throat, factory rifles having more versatile twist rates to accommodate anything, the shorter case with the same COAL specs permitting seating long bullets entirely in the neck and not deep into the case…for external and terminal ballistics there's very little difference, probably zero real world difference, between them. But for internal ballistics and handloading purposes the 6 creed wins for me, if I were buying a new 6mm.

Ya but you ain't gonna find 6.5 creed at your mom and pops gas station

I got to stick w traditional

"Easy" to get

I know the 6.5 train got so popular its probably easier to get than anything, but I think you will know what I'm saying

I like handloading, but I definitely want a traditional cartridge mixed in, especially in today's "new world"

I agree

243 w a bullet that doesn't open at moderate velocities might do the trick tho, I think like u say a FMJ or similar and not so fast. Maybe more like 2500fps instead of 3000

I can tell u for sure a 308 Speer BTSP blows a big hole....too much energy and the bullet must have mushroomed some amount, that's a lead tip soft point spitzer

I can tell u for sure a 308 Speer BTSP blows a big hole....too much energy and the bullet must have mushroomed some amount, that's a lead tip soft point spitzer
I believe you. Those SPEER BTSP bullets are super soft and violent even for a cup and core.

I've used them in 165 grain for 300 win mag (not recommended, not bad but not really good at anything that can't be done much better by something else) and 100 grain in my old savage 99 243. That's one of that rifle's favourite bullets, it's minute-of-milk jug to 400 yards haha if I do my part; and again that's an old rifle that's had probably 3000 rounds down the pipe (don't even wanna know what the throat looks like), has a two piece stock, non floating barrel that is pencil thin, a spongy as all get out trigger, a rear locking action, and is topped with an era-appropriate weaver (I think) fixed 4X scope.

You should be able to push those 110 TNTs close to 3200fps with Varget based on Hodgdon load data. That sounds like a pretty wicked coyote round to me.

Any of your results ever "pelt friendly" though????

I'm looking at 243 to not blow a big hole in them
I can't speak about the 264 and 270 saving pelts unless they were headshots (happened occasionally). With the exception of the 270, I have fmj's in 26cal for the save. I haven't shot any with a 7mil yet. Headshots are very pelt friendly. I've never tried varmint bullets, so no help there.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think the .243 and other fast 6mms just might blow an even bigger exit hole than something like a .308 would.

That said Sierra does make a 90 grain FMJ.
Sierra doesn't produce their 90gr 24cal fmj anymore (just another discontinued item from them). I bought whwas left in stock 2 years ago.

In my 280 rem the 120 gr v max or nosler bt. I have killed alot of deer with them. They work great on coyotes too. I just bought a 280AI. I will be working up a coyote load for it. I want to get use to the gun before deer season. I am going to top it with a Leupold.
VX 3 4.5x14x40 CDS or VX 5 3x15x44 CDS.
Hornady 120 gr hp would be a good one to.

Recent Posts