Light 7mm bullets for Coyote?

You seriously believe "do not use fmj's"? I guess my decades of using m193 on hogs and yotes that have only 1 time taken more than 1 shot/hit and ran off to die somewhere else can't be true?
Holy smokes, AR, a little testy on the subject, are we?
I don't think anyone discounts your experience, but the "do not use fmg on game" is what has been taught in gun safety classes for a very long time and therefore a VERY common line of thought.
I'm glad you are able to show some first hand experience on the subject. Might be just what the OP needs.

Holy smokes, AR, a little testy on the subject, are we?
I don't think anyone discounts your experience, but the "do not use fmg on game" is what has been taught in gun safety classes for a very long time and therefore a VERY common line of thought.
I'm glad you are able to show some first hand experience on the subject. Might be just what the OP needs.
Not testy, just have lots of experience with fmj's on varmints (includes hogs), but don't shoot game that requires tags.

120g V Max with 72-73g of R#22, CCI 250 primers in the 7 RM in Rem brass is very accurate and fast, blows up crows and coyotes. The jacket on a 120g Nosler ballistic tip is thicker by design than a 140g Nosler ballistic tip.

Years ago, I shot my first coyotes with a flying trash can of a bullet, the 115g Speer HP, oddly enough they would not blow up jackrabbits, and shot a silver dollar-sized hole through coyotes...where is the fun in that?
I'm with Vince, the 120 Horn (my choice would be the old flat base HP) would be the way to roll. Accurate and capable.

I'd want a bullet that would open up quickly and not bounce around in a frozen environment.

119 Absolute Hammers 2975 FPS 7mm AR15 is one heck of a whallup. 2 hogs 2 yotes. All dead. Going after more hogs in the next few weeks.

You seriously believe "do not use fmj's"? I guess my decades of using m193 on hogs and yotes that have only 1 time taken more than 1 shot/hit and ran off to die somewhere else can't be true? I've had to shoot either animal twice is as the yote dodged/zig-zagging thru sagebrush as I pulled the trigger hitting it in the backend causing it to sit and a follow-up shot to be administered. m193 has killed hogs up to 400# with 1 shot drt (unsure of distance it was taken as I was 13 at the time). Not a single thing wrong with using fmj's. how many animals have lived and taken more than 1 shot to kill using bullets designed for hunting.......................lots according to this forum and others as most say it didn't expand (hunting bullets) with a kill zone shot.

And you were seriously that triggered?

You do you, bud.

I shot one with a 120 gr Maker's mono in a 280 AI and it rolled him right up. I'd also recommend the 120 gr Nosler, it's my go to deer bullet in 280AI. Haven't shot one with my 7 mag that I can recall but it's going to be essentially the same as the 280 AI. Or just use your med game load and don't sweat it?

The Nosler 120g Ballistic tip was designed for the guys shooting Metallic Silhouette. They made the jacket thicker than the 140g so that when the bullet hit the steel, the bullet would have "more time on target" than other thinner jacket bullets. This "more time on target" lead to more knockdown power on deer/hogs.

For deer hunters, the 120g Nosler ballistic tip is a great choice, offering speed with penetration. I have one Rem 700 that is set up to shoot the 120's, 3500 fps. Deer have never traveled over 40 yards when shot with this load. In the short freebore 7 STW, I have a load set up for the 120g Nosler and Barnes at 3850 fps out of 25.5" Sendero barrel that was originally a New 7 Rem mag, cut a length of the neck off the breach end and re-chambered. We set up a food plot that ran 525-560 yards from our stand down a power line, and the stand was named the "STW stand". We have killed 50 or so deer from that stand over the years, 120g Noslers, with deer never running over 50 yards. I used the 7 mag with 120g Noslers out of stands overlooking a cutover, never a problem. I ended up trying all this new stuff out of pure boredom.

In my 7-08 AI xp 100 I use Speer TNT's 50-50 on pelt preservation. DRT for high 90's% the rest had 10" paint roller blood trails.

I agree you cannot be overgunned on coyotes. I have shot them with a .22LR. Ironically, my first was shot with a .308Win and my last one was killed with a .30-06 - and I was deliberately calling them. I like using a big game rifle on coyotes just to get more practice.