What is the MOST FUSSY cartridge...and LEAST?

25-06 in a new Rem M700 Sendero SFII was the most finicky. .75 - 1.5" with every thing. 110 NAB's were the .75". Least finicky was the same 25-06 with a 26" 1 in 10 Brux barrel. Eats anything I've run through it under .5". Have a 7 RM that's been a challenge, but finally got good results with 143 HH's. Small sample size, but so far its my impression its more the rifle/barrel.

Savage 99 takedown rifle in 250 savage with 1 in 14 twist .It had been a kangaroo rifle in Australia long ago .I couldn't get it to not keyhole any bullet .The gun was awesome just not accurate sold it quick.

Let's go down the rabbit hole. What is the most fussy cartridge you've ever had to deal with? You eventually got it to shoot acceptably but with much heartache and effort or maybe only shooting 1 particular load acceptably and shotgunning all others.

On the flip, whats the cartridge you found that can do no wrong? Whatever you throw together shoots well and just plain makes it looks easy.
22TCM 4 inch groups at 100 with factory ammo. Was able to get 1 1/2 with loads of my own. Called Armscor and their reply was 4 inches was acceptable to them. Challenge accepted. Will post with final results.

Fussy; My .22 GTO wildcat; parent case was the .30 Remington large primer for an AR15 platform using 90gr North West Custom Projectiles. Photos

Least; .257 Wby Mag for some reason I never found this cartridge to a problem on the bench. Cheers

22 GTO form case.jpg

22GTO with 223.jpg

In the same model gun my 243 Ren in a rem 742 shoots 1/2 inch groups all day long .In the same model my 308 will not shoot below 2.5 inches .That 243 shoots all loads in a group Littler than a nickel. I quit hunting deer with it after I lost two huge bucks with it .I use it to train kids to shoot .I let them hunt with my 260 rem .

For me, any rifle with a long throat where you can not get anywhere close to the lands has been very temperamental to shoot sub 1/2" groups, and the worst was a 270 Weatherby Mark 5.

Individual barrels are usually the fly in the ointment and the chamber design that goes with it.

The most difficult case I have found to tune small groups in multiple rifles is the 22 Hornet, while the easiest is the 6 XC & 6.5x47 Lapua, discounting the 6 PPC and 6 BR as not hunting rifles. As a test, I made brass for the 6 XC from 308 Winchester PMC, Winchester, Lake City '09, and Chinese Military machine gun brass. All the 6 XC formed cases from the 308 brass shot 1/4" groups and smaller, and I consider this a good test of a cartridge design. Also, formed 6.5x47 brass from Remington 22/250 brass when there was no Lapua brass in the country. It took me a few shots to work up a load that shot 1/2" groups at 200 yards with the Remington 22/250 brass formed in a Ruger 77 Mark II with #5 taper, Brux barrel in a Laminated stock in 6.5x47 Lapua, a true Red Neck special deer/hog rifle.
I have an eighties mk5 270that wouldn't shoot factory at all. Worked with it about 2 thou closer to the lands and it would then shoot 1/2 to 3/4. Still have it.

My Best was my rifle I built in 6BR, 1/4" at 100yds,P-Dog gun!
I worst was the one I built in 22-6mm,lots of bullets, and powder was shot until I got ahold on Hammers, then 1/4" MOA!!!

257 ailios,a wildcat,super finicky on power charges,way over bore. The second was a new 700 Remington 243. After 20 shots it went down the road.the next owner experienced the same thing.