What is the MOST FUSSY cartridge...and LEAST?

As stated before, I've worked with fussy rifles not necessarily attributed to cartridge. But I haven't met a 22-250 that was fussy yet, if your 22-250 won't shoot a 50-55 grain with 38 grains of h380 it probably won't shoot. There's a reason Bruce Hodgdon named h380 after that load,it flat works.

Consistently one of the pickiest cartridges I've worked with has been a 243 Winchester. In 4 different rifles they all were very particular about what they shot well. Could just be me too.

Completely agree with the rifle being the culprit of finicky performance. I had a Savage 110 in 30 06 that only like one bullet. I was lucky to get it to 1 MOA at 100 yards, but not consistently. The 308 win would shoot everything at 1 MOA. The 280AI 8 twist loves 140 grain bullets, but is more finicky with 168 gr. It still shoots .5 to .75 with me being the weakest component.

Let's go down the rabbit hole. What is the most fussy cartridge you've ever had to deal with? You eventually got it to shoot acceptably but with much heartache and effort or maybe only shooting 1 particular load acceptably and shotgunning all others.

On the flip, whats the cartridge you found that can do no wrong? Whatever you throw together shoots well and just plain makes it looks easy.

As others have stated, it can be very subjective based on several factors with the rifle, chamber, barrel being some of the greatest.

However for me, the 22 Hornet was always very touchy in loading and getting "good" groups. Acceptable for some ranges, but mine was hard to find those really good groups. Cases and loading process had to be very detailed.

On the other side, the 222Rem's I owned were all easy to make shoot well. Same for the 308's, and I'll throw in the 22-250AI's I have owned. They were all tack drivers with several loads. And how could I not mention the 6BR.

If you're talking factory rifles with factory ammo, I believe a .308 will be the easiest to tune overall.

For hardest factory rifle and ammo I would say any of the Weatherby rounds, really any of the real fast rounds are hard to get to shoot from factory.

As others have stated, it can be very subjective based on several factors with the rifle, chamber, barrel being some of the greatest.

However for me, the 22 Hornet was always very touchy in loading and getting "good" groups. Acceptable for some ranges, but mine was hard to find those really good groups. Cases and loading process had to be very detailed.

On the other side, the 222Rem's I owned were all easy to make shoot well. Same for the 308's, and I'll throw in the 22-250AI's I have owned. They were all tack drivers with several loads. And how could I not mention the 6BR.
22 hornets can be a fussy little bugger for several reasons. Sloppy chambers, weak shoulders, thin brass, small powder capacity that compounds any error in charge weight.
The best easy button I've found for a hornet is partially sized brass 13 grains of lil gun and a 40 grain vmax seated to mag length. I use cci 400 primers but if your accuracy or es is poor switch to a small pistol primer. A crimp can also help too. The cases are so thin that the primer will unseat the bullet.
I hope this helps with your hornet endeavors

I'd say the .22 Hornet a close run-off would be the .22 Jet... part of the problem with both them is the weapons they were offered in I think. just my 0.2 Cheers

The most fussy rifles have all been Brownings
The most fussy cartridge…has been the 270 Win.

The easiest rifles have been customs, shocking right
The easiest cartridge has been 6 Creedmoor, all three I load for don't seem to care about the combo I put through them.