What is the best tasting whiskey that you bring to hunting camp?

trout004

Fellow long-rangers and whiskey connoisseurs:

Lets talk about good spirits that are shared at your hunting camp. I am honestly not much of a drinker, but I enjoy the social aspect of being with good company, family, and friends. In light of the hunting days and memories that are to be made before and during this upcoming holiday season, what is your favorite whiskey and why? Is there a story behind it?

This is the one that was randomly chosen to go with us on the annual deer hunting trip this next week. I don't know much about it, so pros out there, please enlighten us with your expertise!

IMG_0611.jpeg

Southern-Comfort original, I picked up the taste when I was in the US Army in Ft. Polk, Louisiana, in 1970 still my go-to certified bust head. 🥴 Cheers.

1699075108307.png

Last edited:
George Dickel 12.

Nice small clean glass, with one ice cube made from bottled water. Sit, sip & soak up warmth from fire. I apologize for no numeric data (numbers). I acquired a taste for it in Manila RP upon returning from several TAD assignments in Viet Nam in the mid-sixties.

Screenshot (762).png

I brought Buffalo Trace this year and Grey Goose to make a couple vodka sodas.

I've been know to bring fancy scotch like MaCallan to camp or the ice fishing shanty, but not this year.
Not sure what it is, but Buffalo Trace sounds interesting. Some of the names they give to these are marketing genius. Back in college we bought the Schmidts beer because we liked the animals on the box. Haha.

Fellow long-rangers and whiskey connoisseurs:

Lets talk about good spirits that are shared at your hunting camp. I am honestly not much of a drinker, but I enjoy the social aspect of being with good company, family, and friends. In light of the hunting days and memories that are to be made before and during this upcoming holiday season, what is your favorite whiskey and why? Is there a story behind it?

This is the one that was randomly chosen to go with us on the annual deer hunting trip this next week. I don't know much about it, so pros out there, please enlighten us with your expertise!

View attachment 507655
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/its-a-whiskey-tasting-kinda-of-night.232254/