What is the best tasting whiskey that you bring to hunting camp?

Time to have a litle fun. He said WHISKEY, that is typically Scottish and Irish, some of you showed WHISKY, that is North America....just saying... 🤣

Last edited:
Time to have a litle fun. He said WHISKEY, that is typically Scottish and Irish, some of you showed WHISKY, that is North America....just saying... 🤣
L😇L!

IMG_0968.jpeg

Time to have a litle fun. He said WHISKEY, that is typically Scottish and Irish, some of you showed WHISKY, that is Nort America....just saying... 🤣
Interesting, I'll be the first to admit, I don't really know anything about it! I just noticed that on the bottle of Pendleton - it's spelled Whisky, hence Canadian? So, is it just a spelling thing, or are there characteristics that make a whisky different from a whiskey?

Interesting, I'll be the first to admit, I don't really know anything about it! I just noticed that on the bottle of Pendleton - it's spelled Whisky, hence Canadian? So, is it just a spelling thing, or are there characteristics that make a whisky different from a whiskey?
If you want to get technical-- yes there are differences in what the base mash is made from and how long its aged and in what kind of barrel its aged in too.

Whiskey, whisky, burbon, scotch, wheated, rye, corn, all grain, moonshine, on and on.

My father's best friend was a wine and liquor distributor for over 40 years--- he always said "What really matters is what tastes good to you"

Not sure what it is, but Buffalo Trace sounds interesting. Some of the names they give to these are marketing genius. Back in college we bought the Schmidts beer because we liked the animals on the box. Haha.
I like it a lot. It's really hard to find in Missoula for some reason, and the liquor stores mark it up when they do get it in. I was in San Jose not too long ago for work and it was all over the place and $23 for a fifth.

The fancier version of Buffalo Trace is Eagle Rare which is fantastic. Very smooth. More expensive and also hard to find in MT.