What is the best hunting bullet 140 grain or heavier you used in your 6.5 caliber rifle

Great feedback gents. I've 3 - 6.5's (260 Rem, 6.5x284, 264 WM) trying to do the same and find a go-to bullet. Shot several deer over the past couple years with Bergers, ELD-X primarily. Would love to try the Hammer bullets but can't seem to source them out up in Canada? I haven't had any issues with the Bergers or ELD-x on deer. Shot them from 100-620yds. I did shoot a female elk at 600 with the 143 ELD-X with my 6.5x284. This was about 2 hrs after I shot a WT buck at 620yds who dropped in his tracks. I heard it hit the elk broadside and the elk just walked away like I was a nuisance. I was absolutely dumbfounded! I just couldn't believe what I was watching? So ... my take-away on this was either I need a different bullet for that yardage on elk or a different rifle? My 2 cents worth and experience thus far. Maybe it was a one off? I've read others who have had success with the same combination at even longer ranges so I'm really not sure what to make of it?
Where did you hit the elk? I have hit them up close and watched them walk-but they were dead on their feet and recovered.

Im moving towards the Barnes 127 LRX
Try Hammers . You can load them the same as cup and core bullets . Faster. Unlike Barnes where you will get high pressures . I have shot Barnes TSX and TTSX in 4 different calibers for many yrs.. All accurate and little meat damage . Pass through's and if not bone crushers. Hammers same but with more velocity
I've used Berger 140 VLD and Hornady 143 ELDX on deer and antelope . Mostly ELDX. They kill well but if you hit bone or close range onthey make a mess. Especially havVLD. I have 144 Hybrid and 156 EOL but have not shot on paper yet. I love Accubonds but haven't shot in 6.5. I have paper tested Hammers in 300 rum, 6.5 Creed and 6.5 PRC. Shot good. I Moved and didn't complete . Disappointed. I'm Thinking this year will be a Hammerfest :)
Hi Rhett

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .

Just curious about what you plan on doing with this bullets?

I like the Berger 135 classic hunters and 140 elite hunters. They are accurate and kill great from close to far, all from 6.5-06. Have also had great results from 142 Nosler ABLR but harder to get accurate.

Read your reply about finding the ABLR bullets to shoot well. I had trouble getting the ABLR 168gr bullets to shoot in my 30-06 until I changed powders. Don't remember what I was using originally, changed to H4831 and it was like a night and day effect.

I've used the 140 Berger extensively at 3200 fps starting speed and have been super happy with it on elk from a couple hundred yards to over 800 yards, only caught one so far and that was a close cow elk shot at a ridiculous quartering angle, center punched her shoulder, blew through ribs trashing the front of the lungs and arteries and ending up half way up her neck on the of side. The 156 Berger is looking very good so far on elk but it's hard to beat the 140 Berger, the only other bullet I've been happy with is sub 140 gr and lower BC 124 Hammer.
Hey Big,
If you happen to try or see the new Berger 144 hybrid in a action let us know please.
I'm going to test it on paper soon with 6.5 PRC, 6.5x284 and if time 6.5 Creed. Need to finish on on Hammer test first.
Thanks !

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .
Using both calibers listed add 6.5CM.. 130 Sierra Game Changer with great results on deer out to 350 yds and as close as 60yds. Old 264 Remmy has reawaken old love affair. Should have stuck with that from 30 yrs ago instead of plunging down current 6.5 rabbit hole...

Nosler partitions work well for me, the nosler bt's are the most accurate but cause wicked meat loss imo. The partitions havent failed me yet and leave a nice exit on deer sized game

For hunting purposes, I prefer the 140 gr. Nosler Partition as it works well both near and far. While its B.C. is a bit lower than some dedicated L.R. bullets, at 495 it still carries quite well at the longer ranges. While not a 140 gr., the excellent Barnes 129 gr. LRX is also a very reliable killer. I shoot both of these bullets in my 6.5x55 Swede rifles along with a 6.5 Remington Mag. and have never had any form of bullet failure. When trying to find the best all around bullet for near and far, you will probably find as I have, that certain compromises are inevitable.

Why not try a 129g Barnes TTSX-LR I asked myself? So I ordered some. I will shoot the 143eldx for deer in my Creed, but not elk, nobody likes em' . I tried Barnes bullets 2 decades ago with mediocre accuracy. I still have some I loaded for 75 yard hogs. I absolutely loved the accuracy of the new TTSX 180g in my RUM. Hammered a bull elk at 375 yards 3 years ago with them!

I use 142 Nosler ABLR in .260 Remington at about 2820 Fps...DRT kills, about 8 I think, ranging from 80 yds to 425. Good performance, small entry wound and about nickel size exit...all through and through shots. That said, I am a heart shot guy so not too much meat damage from any projectile with that placement.

One follow-up, my son is a wildlife biologist, guide outfitter & ranch manager who shoots about 100 deer per year as part of their game management plan. He is a loader and active shooter as well but decided to start with the Hornady Superformance ammo with 143 ELD-X bullets in his Fierce Firearms 6.5 CM. He was not impressed. After about ten deer ran some and various wound results he changed to ABLRs and Sierra Game Kings. Much more deadly. I also watched my Biz Partner take 6 shots to dispatch a Mule deer starting at 280 yds in Colorado using that same ammo...so fwit, not impressed at our house with that ammo.

Why not try a 129g Barnes TTSX-LR I asked myself? So I ordered some. I will shoot the 143eldx for deer in my Creed, but not elk, nobody likes em' . I tried Barnes bullets 2 decades ago with mediocre accuracy. I still have some I loaded for 75 yard hogs. I absolutely loved the accuracy of the new TTSX 180g in my RUM. Hammered a bull elk at 375 yards 3 years ago with them!
I used 180 TSX in and TTSX in my 300 RUM for many years. Very accurate and deadly on elk deer and lope. Was hard to try other bullets but finally I am. New barrel too so good time to.