What is the best hunting bullet 140 grain or heavier you used in your 6.5 caliber rifle

Another vote for the 140gr Accubond. Not sold on the performance of the LR version, so I've stuck to the original. Running them at 3080fps out of a 24" 6.5 GAP 4S.

I'm a fan of the Barnes 127 LRX, I've been using it in my 260 for a long time (also use the 200 LRX in my WinMag). Great penetration, better expansion than the TSX/TTSX as well as better BC. I think it has the stopping power of 140 class lead bullets. I've heard good things about the Hammer bullets as well, but the LRX has worked so well for me that there is not much motivation to try anything else.

Great feedback gents. I've 3 - 6.5's (260 Rem, 6.5x284, 264 WM) trying to do the same and find a go-to bullet. Shot several deer over the past couple years with Bergers, ELD-X primarily. Would love to try the Hammer bullets but can't seem to source them out up in Canada? I haven't had any issues with the Bergers or ELD-x on deer. Shot them from 100-620yds. I did shoot a female elk at 600 with the 143 ELD-X with my 6.5x284. This was about 2 hrs after I shot a WT buck at 620yds who dropped in his tracks. I heard it hit the elk broadside and the elk just walked away like I was a nuisance. I was absolutely dumbfounded! I just couldn't believe what I was watching? So ... my take-away on this was either I need a different bullet for that yardage on elk or a different rifle? My 2 cents worth and experience thus far. Maybe it was a one off? I've read others who have had success with the same combination at even longer ranges so I'm really not sure what to make of it?

My 6.5 Remington mags for white tail, the 125 Nosler partition is my favorite bullet. Most never move from the spot I shot them and never lost one. If I was going bigger like black bear then the 140 partition or for longer Ranger then the 129 Nosler Long range accubond would be my choice for deer and the 143 LRAB.

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .
I've used the 140 Berger extensively at 3200 fps starting speed and have been super happy with it on elk from a couple hundred yards to over 800 yards, only caught one so far and that was a close cow elk shot at a ridiculous quartering angle, center punched her shoulder, blew through ribs trashing the front of the lungs and arteries and ending up half way up her neck on the of side. The 156 Berger is looking very good so far on elk but it's hard to beat the 140 Berger, the only other bullet I've been happy with is sub 140 gr and lower BC 124 Hammer.

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .

I have shot 3 whitetail with the 143 ELDX out of a 6.5 x 284. 2 of the deer were over 200#. 2 were at 100 yards 1 at 481 yards. Had excellent results on all 3. But I'm getting scared of the ELDX from what others are experiencing. Going to try the accubonds.

I've used the 140 Woodleigh, 140 Speer hot-cor, 140 Partition, 140 Accubond, and 142 ABLR on various game. I've found the Speer to be quite destructive, especially at shorter ranges. The Woodleigh is always dependable. The 142 ABLR is my all round favourite, accurate, holds together at close ranges, and is great for long shots.... In my 6.5-300WM

If you want a bullet that won't blow up then I'd definitely avoid Berger's and Elds..
I haven't used the 156, but I've had really explosive failures from every other Berger I've tried when they hit bone.
I even witnessed a 300 grain Berger Elite Hunter blow up on an elk shoulder last season at 800 yards.
I've had really good luck with 140 partitions In my 6.5, I'd like to try the accubonds or Hammer hunters for better bc.
If you don't have a barrel yet I'd consider going with a 7.5 twist, you'd be able to shoot the 140 cutting edge MTH with a bc over .600
What did the shoulder look like.
If you want a bullet that won't blow up then I'd definitely avoid Berger's and Elds..
I haven't used the 156, but I've had really explosive failures from every other Berger I've tried when they hit bone.
I even witnessed a 300 grain Berger Elite Hunter blow up on an elk shoulder last season at 800 yards.
I've had really good luck with 140 partitions In my 6.5, I'd like to try the accubonds or Hammer hunters for better bc.
If you don't have a barrel yet I'd consider going with a 7.5 twist, you'd be able to shoot the 140 cutting edge MTH with a bc over .600