What is the best hunting bullet 140 grain or heavier you used in your 6.5 caliber rifle

Dgr and x47,
Get some Hammer bullets and try them. They make a Sledge Hammer (big hollow point) and the Hunter (small hp). Use much lighter/faster bullets than you're used to. Hard to make myself switch, but I'll never go back to heavier bullets. These things really thump animals and give complete pass through. Shoulder shots no longer mean throwing one away. Amazing. Got 8 so far. Sorry, no photos. Will get some on next deer. Still got a month of season.

It's hard to find bullets that don't blow to pieces when up close .I thought about trying to get some bullets to hit the same point of impact at say 100 yards then having a long range load and a 250 yard load .I have shot many deer under the tree and alot out to 425 yards with my 338 win mag .I found when the bullet gets more resistance it usually makes a bigger hole .Those lapua 155 grain mega tips flip deer in their tracks .I hope the 156 grain Berger will shoot out if both my 260 rem and 264 win mag good .The 155 grain. Lapua shoots awesome out if both calibers but lacks long range in the 260 and is about a 350 yard bullet with my 264 win mag .

I have had my most consistent accuracy and terminal performance on game from 200-+1000 yards over several years with my 6.5x284's using the Berger 140 HVLD and the 140/142 JLK VLD (currently unavailable). Of late, I have had exceptional results with the Berger 156EOL from an accuracy/ballistic standpoint, but have no personal experience yet with the performance on game. The reports coming in from credible shooter/hunters this past season has been quite positive so it's possible this bullet may become my preferred if actual use plays for me next season.

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .
If you want a bullet that won't blow up then I'd definitely avoid Berger's and Elds..
I haven't used the 156, but I've had really explosive failures from every other Berger I've tried when they hit bone.
I even witnessed a 300 grain Berger Elite Hunter blow up on an elk shoulder last season at 800 yards.
I've had really good luck with 140 partitions In my 6.5, I'd like to try the accubonds or Hammer hunters for better bc.
If you don't have a barrel yet I'd consider going with a 7.5 twist, you'd be able to shoot the 140 cutting edge MTH with a bc over .600

The 147 Hornady ELD Match produced a good 2600 fps load in my Swede. I've killed two whitetails with it. The 127 Barnes LRX is 3000 fps. I haven't shot that one at deer yet but supposedly it's known for being good from close to far.

I use two 264 caliber rifles the 260 rem with 22 inch barrel and a 24 inch 264 win mag .I was wondering which bullets you liked best for long range that were 140 grain and higher .I have used the lapua 155 grain mega tip in both of these but its bc is only. 377 .I want to try the 156 grain berger and a few more .I just have to have a bullet that will not blow up when used up close .
Without a doubt, the Swift 140 gr A-frame. Good BC, very accurate in my Creedmoor, hammers anything it hits, and holds together no matter what. It's what the Partition should have been.

I've been hunting with 6.5's for 20 years. I started with the 140 Partition and killed a few antelope and pigs. The last pig was a 120 pound sow at exactly 100 yards, direct shoulder shot. Entrance was bigger than exit. She fell, got up and ran 90 yards and hit a fence, falling over dead.

Since that experience I've tried different bullets. I shot two elk with 130 custom bullets with J4 jackets (basically a hybrid) with poor experience. I shot ELD's, ELD-X's and Elite Hunters all in the 140 range. I've not had the opportunity to shoot an animal with any of those.

Last year I shot a mt. goat and elk with 130 Scirocco's and they each fell dead within 40 yards. I'd not hesitate to keep using them but accuracy is really dependent on each rifle. They can be finicky to get a good load. But, when they shoot in your rifle they're great.

I moved to the 124 Hammer Hunter (actual weight is 126 grains) this year but, again, didn't get an opportunity to shoot. They are accurate and reports on animals are good. Steve, at Hammer, says they used the Scirocco and that was their measure for the Hammer. They wanted something that was more forgiving in the load development. The tip breaks off in 3-4 pieces mimicking the Partition with the remaining flat-shanked bullet pushing through.

I tried the 136 Hammer but kept getting tumbling bullets with a 7 twist. I'd really like a heavier bullet that acts like Scirocco and shoots like a Hammer.