What is Burris xtr ii glass comparable to?

The glass on those scopes are going to be very similar. The glass on the scopes in that class is going to vary from scope to scope so the one that has better glass is going to come down to the particular scopes you pick up to compare. I have 8 of the XTR2s and a couple are as good as my Steiners, Revic and Kahles. A couple are noticeably poorer glass but nothing that is going to keep me from getting a hit at 1000+ yards. I've noticed the same thing with the Vortex PSTs and the lower quality ones aren't going to cause you to miss because of the glass. I've only looked at a couple FX-1000s so I can't say much more than the glass seems comparable. In my opinion the glass on the XTR2 and gen2 pst is better than the S3 but not dramatically. The reason I have several XTR2s is the combination of cost, reticle, the amount of adjustment with the 34mm tube and the very reliable tracking.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts