What happened to ATM/STM model Swaro spotters?

bkondeff

Outside the modular ATX models, I just noticed that the Swaro line of spotters which had gone from ATS/STS models, to ATM/STM(Magnesium bodied for lighter weight), went back to ATS/STS.

Can't find any info in Google search, which is weird.

Can't find any reference to any upgrades to ATX/STS line now vs before either.

Buddy is looking and I could not answer this question. I have the older STS HD model and love it. Good glass and packable.

What happened???

Outside the modular ATX models, I just noticed that the Swaro line of spotters which had gone from ATS/STS models, to ATM/STM(Magnesium bodied for lighter weight), went back to ATS/STS.

Buddy is looking and I could not answer this question. I have the older STS HD model and love it. Good glass and packable.

What happened???

The STM/ATM was discontinued 3 years ago. The STS/ATS hd is repetitively unchanged from the previous models.

The X series is that much better if you're wondering.

Anyone know why they dumped the "M" Magnesium models?

I can't get into the cost of the newer X models at almost double cost of ATS/STS. My 65mm HD STS is just fine.

Anyone know why they dumped the "M" Magnesium models?

I can't get into the cost of the newer X models at almost double cost of ATS/STS. My 65mm HD STS is just fine.

Not enough sales to justify keeping it.

The X series gets more cost friendly when you get multiple objectives over just having one set size spotter. Once you get the BTX eyepiece, its a game changer.

What happened???

there wasn't enough benefit to justify the cost, so they were discontinued. i had an 80mm about a year ago, still nice scopes. that said the atx/stx blow them all away

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.