What gun did you want that was never made ?

They broke alot and ruger almost recalled them in 22 mag .They use to replace it with your choice of gun .
I had one of the 22mag guns many years ago. It blew up in my face on the second shot. Factory ammo. I sent it back to Ruger with my compliments. As they were. Think I paid around 300 for it new. Great idea. Bad implementation. 👎

They broke alot and ruger almost recalled them in 22 mag .They use to replace it with your choice of gun .
I've got a Ruger 10/22 Magnum that I bought new when they were in production. Never had any problems with it. Great for coyotes when we can't use centerfires during archery deer season. I also bought a heavy-barrel 17 HMR barrel for it. It's a great prairie dog town 200 yard gun, especially for the kids.

Ruger made the 10/22 Magnun from 1999 til 2006 original price $540. Now when they are found in good condition nearly $900, so they were pretty cool. Usually, if a rig doubles in price in a short time, they simply didn't make enuff to go around. not because they have fatal flaws.

Last edited:
No Sako or Kimber available in .378 bolt-face anymore. CZ going to the 600 from the 527 eliminated another option as well.

Yup. With the total domination of the 700 platform other shapes and sizes have gone to the wayside. The 600 vs the 527 is a sad transition, new sadly means bigger bulkier and European looking (read uglier).

Ruger made the 10/22 Magnun from 1999 til 2006 original price $540. Now when they are found in good condition nearly $900, so they were pretty cool Usually, if a rig doubles in price in a short time, they simply didn't make enuff to go around. not because they have fatal flaws.

They were hit or miss on who had problems, heavy debate back in the day about single vs dual extractors. Know of several with many, many trouble free rounds. Used to be able to buy them for 379 from wal mart kodiak. One spring I'd bough 2x, gave one to an uncle and kept the one. That fall it's bolt chipped and when sent to ruger.... it came back as a 77/22. (They gave me that option. But wouldn't send back the functional but chipped bolt rifle.) To this day I wish I'd bought another before they were discontinued, or never sent it in.

My theory is they didn't do something right with the Tungsten bolt. Know of some with many thousands of rounds, others with bolt problems at only a few hundred. Now have a small gaggle of volquartsens but they aren't a sleek as the old 1022s. Hope some day they tweak the internal design enough to re release. Nice clean iron sight 1022 magnum is a heck of a tool.

Ruger made the 10/22 Magnun from 1999 til 2006 original price $540. Now when they are found in good condition nearly $900, so they were pretty cool Usually, if a rig doubles in price in a short time, they simply didn't make enuff to go around. not because they have fatal flaws.
It did have a bad flaw. The receiver cracked of the second shot. Factory ammo. Sprayed my face and hand with hot gas and a couple of metal frags. Had shooting glasses on, saved my eyes. My chin had a 2 inch slice on it. Glad I sent it back. Great idea, bad implementation. 👎 Got another 10/22 takedown and a few bucks for the send back return.

It did have a bad flaw. The receiver cracked of the second shot. Factory ammo. Sprayed my face and hand with hot gas and a couple of metal frags. Had shooting glasses on, saved my eyes. My chin had a 2 inch slice on it. Glad I sent it back. Great idea, bad implementation. 👎 Got another 10/22 takedown and a few bucks for the send back return.
Sounds like, if all that's true, Ya might of past up a sizable damage settlement from the ammo company or rifle builder. Does make Ya wonder why ,10/22 Magnum Rugers are still sought after at twice the original selling price.

Last edited:
Sounds like, if all that's true, Ya might of past up a sizable damage settlement from the ammo company or rifle builder. Does make Ya wonder why they're still sought after at twice the original selling price.
It's a crap shoot. Some worked ok, others didn't. I pulled down the remaining ammo I had-all checked out ok. Ruger took the gun with no more questions asked. We were testing the applicability and possible submission of this gun for use as a survival gun for the AF. They passed.

I always wanted a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe, in a CLASSIC WOOD STOCK . The shape and dimensions of a Model 70 Super Grade, or a Dakota , with a black rounded ebony fore end tip. All the metal would be lightly bead blasted at the factory so the bluing would be rich, but not shinny or glossy . An Island Rear Sight, Hooded Front Sight and Barrel band. ( I did exactly that metal work to my own Mark V in 300 Weatherby Mag. ) They could have called it the" African Classic. " Just Dreaminmg

My brother and I have wanted Ruger to make their No. 1 in a rimfire. Specifically the .17 HMR. I need another one like another hole in my head but what a beautiful and elegant rifle that would be. I would love to see it in all variations of the No. 1 but if I had to pick one I think I'd go for the No. 1V but I love the No. 1 A's and they should use the old front sight instead of that space age looking one on the newer models.

Nice thing is that once they release it in a rimfire all bets are off and we would see; .22, .22 Mag, .17 Mach II, etc.

Come on Ruger, throw me a bone. I own a share of stock.