what do you think its worth

lloydsmale

IVe got a rem 700 classic in 300H&H. Its not perfect. Its been hunted with but its in real nice shape. Looked all over the internet and just cant get an idea of what I should expect to get for it. Anyone have an idea?

It's hard to say without seeing it. But maybe this will give you a round about, a friend of mine just bought a 700 Classic in 250/3000 it's like new, no scratches or dents and paid $800.00 for it.

Unless something special about the stock, it's actual value drops to mere Remington donor action.
I wouldn't expect more than $250

IVe got a rem 700 classic in 300H&H. Its not perfect. Its been hunted with but its in real nice shape. Looked all over the internet and just cant get an idea of what I should expect to get for it. Anyone have an idea?

If it's in mint condition is say between $650-800 depending on the buyer. I wouldn't go lower than $650. The Remington classics are very nice rifles.

Edit: just checked gunbroker there are a bunch on there in all different cartridges from $650 to $1000. The $1000 ones have the box and original paperwork though.

morning, the classic was a special run model 700. no less than $500.

very good quality. opinonated. THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

Lloyd, what year was it manufactured? You can do a Google search, and look online to learn how to read the serial number of a Rem 700 to determine it's date of manufacture.

If you had pictures of it, it would give us a much clearer idea of the condition of the stock and bluing, etc... Which means we could give you a much more accurate value to ask.

Personally, it it were mine, I would consider a rebarrel to some other magnum cartridge you might be interested in. Then it's value becomes invaluable (to you), since it's long been paid-for, and you will actually be using it again.

If it's a vintage in near-mint shape, it could bring a very fair price...Far from the asinine value of $250 you were quoted earlier. :rolleyes:

changed my mind on parting with it. I stuggled for a couple years fooling with it trying to get a good load with 165 grain bullets. Best it would do was around 1.5 to 2 inch at a 100 yards for 4 shots. Well low and behold this thing likes 180s. Both the 180 hornady interlock and the rem bronze point 180 shot one inch or less yesterday with 71 grains of re19. Shot just over an inch with 180 bts and 180 sierras. We shoot a lot of deer every year doing crop damage control shooting. Guess I figured I had other 30 mags that I shot 180s in and wanted this one to shoot 165s a bit faster and flatter shooting so I never bothered to try 180s before. But truth be told 180s are plenty flat shooting for 500 yard deer work in it.

I was going to say I picked a 300H&H classic up in great condition from the local gun shop for $550 a few months ago. Figured it would make a good backup deer/elk gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.