What do you guys do in the off season?

Who doesn't get just a little sad when hunting season is over? Springtime for me can be somewhat depressing, perhaps its the colorless and winter torn look of the high-country I love to play in. But spring also is a new beginning of a whole new type of activities, as it begins to warm up and green begins flourish through the hills, there is still much to do. It might be shed hunting or hunting spring varmints, but here is a little project we did on what to do in the off season:
There is no off season for me. Always something to shoot. That's one of the things I love about this discipline.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Well I live and hunt here, so they are right! The state is fairly conservative, but Santa Fe Albq and Las Cruces are the biggest population centers and unfortunately that's where the leftist have moved in and taken over. And we all know that drives the rest of the state.
That like Mexico-North. (aka Calf) On the coast it Leftist's. That covers the entry coastal county. Inland it's, more conservative, and vote that way. If we loose the votes to 2 Senator's to a state. If done by popular voted across the nation. 319 square miles would control the entire country and it would be far left. Our forefather sure had it figure out. I am amazed of and how our constitution was drawn up. It's the best system in the world. The problem is people can't get their way, and try and change it all the time.

Well duck season ends a month after deer season. Quail season ends a month after duck season. Snow geese is after quail. Then Crappie start up the creeks and my favorite outdoor activity begins. Then by the first of June it's just HOT and my big *** doesn't want to do anything that doesn't involve large bodies of water or air conditioning. So that's about the time 90% of reloading for the upcoming year happens. Throw in a few night hunts for hogs and all the work around the house and the next thing you know it's time to start trimming shooting lanes on bow stands and the process starts all over again.

Play golf several times a week and take motorcycle trips around the country. Have ridden the lower 48 twice since '06. Used to be active in service clubs but since buying my first Harley it's all me time. I used to fish on Lake Erie quite a bit but gas prices have ended that, my boat burns 18 gallons an hour when the props are engaged.

I hunt feral hogs in Texas year around, so that helps pass the time until deer season starts back up.
Envy is an ugly thing ;)
i hate you GIF

I've been doing some trap and skeet shooting. We had a fire in the bosque a 1/2 mile from the house last night. Threatened evacuations. Makes you think about how much you can fit in the truck, and what is important. If the fires ever stop in NM and CO I'll head up to the mountains for some backpacking. We generally go to Lake Powell for a week or two on the houseboat and catch a few fish. I'm taking the grandkids camping this weekend and going up to Moab with my new Bronco Sport next week. Life is good.