What do u think I should do? I need a new project!

Please, pleas , please don't build anything crapmore based! 22-6mmai, 22--284, 6-284, 6-06, 6.5-06 would all be more fun than any crapmore variant! And you wouldn't have to lie about velocities like newmexkid!

Last edited:
So I got this like new tikka ctr t3x 6.5 creed sitting here with no purpose in life. Looking to do something with it and need some help on caliber selection. Already got 6.5 covered, already got 6 covered already got 30 cal covered, so that leaves me thinking of maybe a 22 creedmoor. Need some help deciding so I can order me a barrel!
View attachment 136957 View attachment 136958
Since you're a handloader, go big. .338 Fedral or .358 Win and Ackley Improve them. Either gives you an instant elk and large game rifle, capable of taking anything up to Moose. Both are fun to shoot, and an AI is fun to experiment with.

So I got this like new tikka ctr t3x 6.5 creed sitting here with no purpose in life. Looking to do something with it and need some help on caliber selection. Already got 6.5 covered, already got 6 covered already got 30 cal covered, so that leaves me thinking of maybe a 22 creedmoor. Need some help deciding so I can order me a barrel!
View attachment 136957 View attachment 136958

You have all these suggestions, what would be the purpose for the build ? What do you want to do with it?

I do not know you but I live in an area where we have goats, deer, so I think I would make a 257 Roberts improved if it's a medium action, if its a short action I would make a 338-08. just because I like being different. if it has a magnum bolt face.. I would definitely go with a 1:8" twist for a heavy 270 WSM or a 257-270 WSM with a heavy twist. I have seen my hunting buds do this and it turned out phenomenal for deer and speed goats. also they are very good for getting people to say "What the hell is that?"
later tatters.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.