What brake?

Joefrazell

I've got a 24" sendero contour 7 rem mag proof barrel coming and am looking to get a brake. My only experience with brakes are a mbm beast on my last 300 win and a little bastard on my 6.5 cm. Both seem to work well. Im thinking of going with a titanium for weight savings. Any suggestions? I've looked at the mbm self timing titanium. Anyone have any experience with these?

TI Pro 3 ST from Rokslide. Absolute beautiful craftsmanship and quick shipping. Super lightweight and works wonders on muzzle rise. I purchased the garnet blasted and looks great. Will be buying more down the road.

I've got a 24" sendero contour 7 rem mag proof barrel coming and am looking to get a brake. My only experience with brakes are a mbm beast on my last 300 win and a little bastard on my 6.5 cm. Both seem to work well. Im thinking of going with a titanium for weight savings. Any suggestions? I've looked at the mbm self timing titanium. Anyone have any experience with these?
I'm using a radial brake on mine from cooper firearms

Unless you are shooting an ultra-lightweight rifle I really don't see the benefit of a titanium brake. Saving an ounce would hardly be noticeable on an average weight hunting rifle, particularly when you add in the rings, mount, scope and a magazine full of ammo.

Just my 2 cents

My Smith suggested not using titanium brake unless it stays on the barrel (not using a suppressor) as titanium can gall fairly easy